Lockpicking help please.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by dabrixmgp, Sep 11, 2017.

1. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

OK I found a guide and it said use a 50/50 crafted box until level 70. Then from 70-95 use a GM crafted box. Well my future T-Hunter is at 70.7 "real skill" and 76 "shown skill". I can no longer gain skills on my current box so I found a GM box on a vendor and bought it. Every time I try and pick it I get the message "You dont see how that lock can be manipulated" This is also with GM detect hidden. If my current box wont give gains any more and I cant even attempt the GM box what am I supposed to be trying to pick?
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You can try 1 of two things, or both.

1.- Buy a 70/70 box. They are not common, but certainly out there.
    2.- What is your DEX? If you locked it at 10 (as is recommended for training LPing), then gain a point or three of DEX. You'll be fine.

Actually, BONUS round!

3.- Drop DH, continue using the 50/50 box, gain a little DH back and go to the GM box.
    (Had missed the part of GM DH)
  3. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

OK I went to the boxes in Britain Warrior Guild and got to 71.0 which will now let me attempt my new box. I guess all the guides are wrong lol. Its 71 for GM boxes, not 70.
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  4. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I have a tinker at 65, if you provide the ignots, I can make you boxes. Not sure if that will help, but I don't mind making you some. And my lockpicker only got to like 93.1 show real off gm boxes. I've been slowly gaining off lvl 4 dungeon chest and think I'm at about 97.1 now. Fair warning, if you're farming in my spot, I will reveal you to the mobs. I'm very territorial. The first reveal is a warning, and you should leave immediately. if you continue to earn in my spot, I will have no choice but to sick the mobs on you and loot anything good from your corpse.

I don't want to do that, so don't put me in that position.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Seba likes this.