Lockpicking..

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Alocas, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Alocas

Alocas New Member

Hey guys,

On my toon i have LP at 94.6 real 95.0 shown. He also has GM Detect Hidden.

I'm still unable to open level 4 dungeon chests, is this to be expected? Do I need to get 95 real + GM DH for lvl 4 chests?

Thanks
  2. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

You will need 95.1 plus gm detect to have a chance at lvl4's
  3. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

at 95 lock picking and gm detect hidden you can do lvl4s. i have and been raising my LP. it takes patients
  4. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Since when do you need any DH for level 4s? You most likely gain LP slower with DH than without.
  5. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You need 95.0 real value in LP to start lockpicking lvl4 dungeon chests. This is a hardcoded requirement afaik.

You can decrease this requirement of 95.0 LP by 0.1 for each 2 points in detect hidden. Thus you can start picking lvl4 dungeon chests with 90.0 when you have GM DH.

When you have 94.6 you only need to get 8 DH, but I would simply buy the 30 something from the NPC trainers, just to be sure and drop it when you have 95.1 real lockpicking.

Detect Hidden skill does not increase your skill for LP. Afaik, your chances to unlock chests isn't increased with DH, thus your gaining speed of LP isnt decreased when you have DH. DH only affects the coded requirement to start picking lvl4 chests.

(All above infos have been collected over the years in IRC chats with Staff etc. I am 90% sure that they are right, but there might be mistakes, e.g. it might not be 95.0 and 95.1 instead. Afaik, the exact formulas weren't published by Staff to verify the accurateness).