Log Cabin setup

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Fenris Corp, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Fenris Corp

Fenris Corp Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I finally got my cabin the way i want it, and i figured i would share a screenshot of it. I managed to fit a lot more than i thought i could while still keeping it orderly. On floor 1, I have LP training (Courtesy of Xzistance), tailor needs, and mining/BS needs covered. Plenty of storage. On floor 2, a mini rune library that is safe to gate out of. Still debating on what to do with the balcony. At this point, i haven't figured out a way to make that section of the house safe for any practical use. If anyone has any ideas on how to block off casting on someone on the balcony, let me know. Additional storage will be added on floor 2, taking up the tile i am standing on in the screenshot (right side).

log_cabin_decked_out.png
  2. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Nice setup :)
    Fenris Corp likes this.
  3. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Bunch of people liking his post, but are none of you going to point out that his house risks being looted?

[​IMG]

Put a table there. Thank me later.
    Jill Stihl, Fenris Corp and LanDarr like this.
  4. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

He is clearly new. There is nothing worth looting to me in that house and I am not out to specifically teach him a lesson. I don't see any illegal sheep farms, nor is he AFKing at the bull pens or Occlo bank. He would just end up having his 500 boards and assorted fishsteaks stolen which might be important for a new player causing him to quit and make a "Thieves looted my house I quit" post which generally will increase the level of already-present trammel on the server and potentially reduce further thieving opportunities.
    Jakob, Rextacy, wylwrk and 2 others like this.
  6. Fenris Corp

I am interested to know how the old setup could result in looting. But, i took your advice. And sorry to disappoint, no fish steaks here.
    fixed.png
  7. HulkHogan

HulkHogan Active Member

Maniacs, @snap dragon is a true American hero, brothers! May the power of Hulkamania be with you dudes. - HH
  8. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

2 things needed to happen

1. Someone follows you back through the gate... sure they are stuck, but...
    2. A ghost comes in and stands where you just put that table and is rezed by #1.

Then you have a live person outside your secure gating section, runnin amok and looting you blind
    eherruh, Fenris Corp and One like this.
  9. Fenris Corp

Thank you all for the insight.
  10. Manbearpig

Manbearpig New Member

Hey, just out of curiosity, how does your main level security work? Do you release and move a table every time? Or do you just always gate characters in?
  11. Fenris Corp

Well, for the front door I go in, make sure door is locked and no one is inside with detect hidden, then release and enter then relock down. For the gate area I have a maco that ejects and/or bans closest grey. (Non friends are grey in home). All gating takes place inside the table wall.