Looking for a tale!

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Cero, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

As I continue to redecorate after my most recent move into a fabulous new fortress on Dagger Island, I keep wondering what happened to some of my items. It appears a ghost as wondered into the empty halls of the north east buttress and has claimed a few items for themselves. Having thought I secured the place before moving in, I can not help but wonder where these items went. Curious as it is, what is even more are the items taken, nothing of real value...misc items, at best totaling 500,000 gold coins. When there were far more expensive items in the same location, and easy for the taking.

Had I misplaced them during the move? The few items I left behind were kindly returned to me by the new owner of my old place...where could they be?

If you are the person that staggered into this portion of my new place and happened upon those items, please post a short story of your adventure...for I am wracking my brain at their location! If I happen to stumble upon them before a story appears, I will graciously weave a tale of drunken stoop-per at how I lost them and they were found!
    Silas Blackeye likes this.
  2. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Well I am most assured now that someone has laid claim to a few of my items! Now I am wracking my brain at how and what all could be missing! Would the kind fellow or lady give us a tale of epic shadow wielding thievery!?

@snap dragon @SteelyDan @Random @Bodhran @anyone else!?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  3. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

HOALEE SKAH!!!

What is the salary of the Commander of the Guards and are you guys hiring?

Here I thought you were poor and so I buy your 1k donation runes. What the skah!!!

But not to derail...will the real slim shady please stand up? (Please stand up.)
    Jupiter likes this.
  4. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Haha, a Captains salary is quite meager, those riches came as a free adventurer before the Guard asked me to return to duty.

But on with the tale!

I hired a certain papuian citizen to come investigate my security levels. They are well known for that in the swamp if you did not know. Seems there was a mishap in a height of an item, allowing possibly for a ghost to enter the depths of my fortress. How an individual entered then to bring life back to this spirit is still unbeknownst to me.

A further mystery is that twice now a rune marked for my courtyard has appeared in the snow, not sure if this is some sort of sign. I know they building was public and unsecured be the previous owner, so random visitors are no shock...but a trail of crumbs I wonder!

A reward of 50,000 gold coin to anyone with information leading to a suspect!

**If you are the looter and reading this, I am not mad, share your tale! If you wish to remain anonymous to the public, PM and I will weave a tale of wonder for your story!...also I would buy some of the items back, if you want to flip them for gold!
    PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  5. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

The pages remain blank!
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Not so much as a blip on the thieving perfected tavern either!

Maybe they are the same no-named bandits who ransacked Paws a while back.

Brazen enough to take advantage of a lapse in home security, but not bold enough to share it!

Maybe we could give them the benefit of the doubt and consider they are illiterate? Perhaps they'll use the gold to pay for some basic schooling to learn to read and write?
    Cero likes this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

real thieves are never known
    Cero likes this.
  8. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

This could be true, but once a thief is notorious enough to operate in the open and still manage to pull off a great heist, does that not put them on a higher level?

But I can not fault them for wanting to go unknown, fame is not something everyone seeks, but riches could be made here!

We will up the ante, 100,000 gold coins to this thief for a tale of this heist! To prove it was you, some sort of picture or list of a few particular items must be put forth! Again if you wish to be anonymous to the public a PM of your story will be put forth with no name listed!

The ball is still in your court, shadowy being!
  9. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

After further inventory, I have come to realize that the thief has made off with quite a haul of decoration items and that my initial assessment of 500,000 gold coins was bit short of the mark.

As there is no word or tale of such a heist as of yet...a toast of the finest brew to our mysterious fellow who remains to be unknown...May you use my items in decorating your fine abode, and may they bring you luck in this years decorating contest! I will be looking for the trophies engraved with my name on them!