Looking to get back into UO!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by an evil carebear, Feb 25, 2018.

1. an evil carebear

an evil carebear Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey guys! I started UO when it first hit the shelves in the mid 90s and played up to when the ninja crap came out. I made a lot of memories on this game and would love to get back into it (not 12-15 hours a day in lol). I played on Atl and Cats and was hot into pvp, but that's after I had established a money toon. Prolly run a peace/dexxer to get rolling! It's been a while so any tips on builds/macros and whatnot would be awesome! Looking forward to the good old days!
    wylwrk, Mozz Hexor and Jill Stihl like this.
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Welcome sir, I hope your wonderful memories will soon be supplemented by stunning sensations from returning to the wonderful world of Ultima Online Renaissance.
  3. Crohan

Crohan New Member

Welcome! I'm new myself and I'm having a blast. Hope you have a blast
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  4. Mozz Hexor

Mozz Hexor Member

Welcome back!!! Ive been on here for 4 or 5 months and enjoying it. I played on Cats from the start until the "ninja crap" also, LOL. Tamers rule here, but a provo dexer or provo mage is a good start. I just prefer the provo mage. If you need any help hit me up.

Mozz Hexor
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  5. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

Hooray new players! I'm also a newer player and have been loving it on here. The community is great minus a few bad eggs, but everywhere has a couple of those. :p

As for builds, the most important thing is to do what is fun for you. It may seem like you need a tamer, but just play your way and you'll be profitable and having fun!

Help with anything is never far away, just ask your specific on questions here or IRC. Plenty of folk will happily give you the info you seek :)
    Mozz Hexor and Kiryana like this.
  6. an evil carebear

Thanks for the welcome guys! It has been great so far! I realized pretty quick that archery wasnt gonna be the go to on here lol. I hope to be rolling pretty good by this weekend. Magery is breaking me atm, but, once I get that and provo finished, I'll be ready to rock! I'm introducing my daughter to UO as well. She is flipping out over how in depth an "old 2d game" actually is. We are currently looking for mature family oriented folks to run with on the PvM side of stuff. I'll break out the pure douche baggery on a private pk type toon after we have settled in. Much love and thanks for the support! Good luck and happy hunting!
    Mozz Hexor and JimmyTheHand like this.
  7. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

I have been here a mere 5 days, but...welcome! UOR has been an amazing place for me. I, too, played Catskills as well...until just after the arrival of the ninja crap. I was also saddened by archery here, but I love it here! I hope to see you in-game.
    Mozz Hexor likes this.
  8. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Welcome!! and hey if your daughter really enjoys it, you both can have 3 accounts and such just make sure to holler at Chris or Telamon on IRC and he can help you out with that.
    an evil carebear likes this.
  9. an evil carebear

Cool, we were trying to figure that out lol. I made three and we couldnt make another on her computer, but I am macroing her toon for her at the moment. She wanted to do a bard tamer.
  10. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

IRC is best way to reach him, but be patient because he works and you know how life goes. Barb tamer is a pretty nice set up for making that gold.
  11. Mozz Hexor

Mozz Hexor Member

I was a member of HDA, The Holy Disciples of Ammeron, which was one of the early guilds the first year or so. Then morphed HDA into my own guild HOS, Scarlet Order of Hospitallers. We were friendly with VvV and I actually bought one of those accounts from a member. My characters were Mozz Hexor(Grandest Bard in all of Sosaria), Micajah, Hojo Ironfist(GM Smith) , Jofa(Battle Mage), Gregorson(Thief, and a poor one at that), Sandman, (red vigilante) and Miner VvV(GM Smith). I also finally made a tamer towards the end, Rill Swiftarrow. The Tokuno expansion was it for me. I actually enjoyed the PVM, but people started leaving in droves and it never was the same.
    Cretoma likes this.
  12. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

I was with DoJ, Defenders of Justice. We were pretty much based out of Moonglow. I had an archer jack named Cretoman. My roommate had a crafter named Zigglefriggit. I don't remember the names of any of my other toons. I remember really enjoying hanging out with a guild member named Vlad. I think that is the extent of my memories of specific peoples' names or other guilds, TBH. It has been a while. I hope you and your daughter are enjoying UO! Hit me up sometime. Maybe we could hunt together.
  13. Mozz Hexor

Mozz Hexor Member

My Hojo was one of the first GM smiths(along with MinerVvV, that is why I bought the 2nd account) on the shard and posted up at the Brittain Smithy making armor for everyone and getting filthy rich. Those were the days! It was so cool having customers come back and get their armor or weapons repaired with your tag on them.
  14. Killian

Killian Member

Welcome back!

I played on atl from t2a until aos, with a few breaks. I played a provo-mage mostly with a PvP dexer and a tamer toward the end. Good times, but I don't miss dial-up.

It's hard to go wrong with bard-dexers imo.
  15. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR!! You will enjoy how th ememories flood back for certain things. This is an excellent run shard and the community is top notch, as you have seen. Feel free to pm me or @Cullinarn on irc. We would be happy to discuss aventuring opportunities. You might see some of our members whisking around with the H*O tag, feel free to stop them for a chat as well, unless they are afk.
    Mozz Hexor likes this.
  16. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

From catskills myself and also had characters on atlantic. Sup? =D
    Mozz Hexor and Animal Control like this.
  17. an evil carebear

Awesome!