Loot - What's worth keeping?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by MeddlingPimp, Jul 1, 2014.

1. MeddlingPimp

MeddlingPimp New Member

So, now that I'm pulling a lot of loot and better loot, I'm having to select what's worth keeping and stocking for a vendor. Here's what I'm currently using as my guidelines; what are your thoughts?

Weapons - Power or Vanq, all slayers
    Armor - Fortification or Invuln

Anything else I should keep?

But, that leaves some weird ones, still...

Do you keep the Vanq butcher knife or the Invuln wooden shield? What about plate or studded? Since nobody uses plate or studded it seems, is it worth keeping outside of equipping your personal training dummy?
  2. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Slayer instruments and high end studded armor are usually keeps for me. Everything else you listed is awesome. Also, if you're fighting things that are skinnable, then I would harvest the leather. Just watch your weight. Spined leather for instance sells really well. ~15gp each piece.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hardening is better than GM crafted barbed leather/studded leather.
    I would keep all of that as well. You could probably put together a suit of studded hardening leather and save enough over the cost of a barbed suit, to afford a leather dye tub. lol
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I've been known to buy invulnerability shields. Also spined leather (for 20/per).

I would not keep Hardening armor. It's ever so marginally better than GM. Not worth it IMO.
  5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  6. MeddlingPimp

MeddlingPimp New Member

What I'm doing for now is hoarding the keepable items for a vendor at some point, and then NPC'ing the rest immediately using a sell bag
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome to UO:Renaissance Meddling
  8. Praga

Praga New Member

I keep all force and up weapons, and all hardening and up armor. Even if it's crappy items like butcher knives, crooks etc.

Hardening leather is no joke - I wear a full set of regular hardening leather on my bard and he gets 38AR. Quite a bit better than GM leather/studded.

I'm hoarding all of the magic items and will throw them on a vendor at some point - everything below gets sold to NPC's.
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I only keep vanquishing & invulnerability. There's some money to be made on the other stuff, but like all things in UO, you've gotta weigh the opportunity cost of the time you spend sorting & selling that junk. Also, it's tedious and I don't have a sorting macro.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It's not really that hard. I organize keepers into the hoard and everything else goes into bags with no organization at all. When I feel like it, I use a sell agent and pull about 5-7k per run through the the vendors. Most is just getting stuffed in a corner for now until Tel figures out this CUB thing.

If I'm willing to field in GM, I'm absolutely willing to rock Hardening, which is better. How marginal is utterly irrelevant.
  11. Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice Active Member

I only keep power w +15 or higher, and vanq.

Fort + on armor and I usually only keep leather.
  12. T3h D4ve

T3h D4ve Well-Known Member

Invul, Vanq, Slayer, Silver.
    Anything else gets sold at npc, cut up or smelted.

Regs I usually grab, gems I always grab.
    Scrolls.....it depends on how lazy I am at the time, but if you still have alts without a spellbook, grab a blank and fill it up as you hunt.

Edit; didn't mention gold/platinum....cos that's a no brainer...
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    Jupiter likes this.