Lost all items in backpack on death

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by David Scraggs, Nov 17, 2014.

1. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

I know I know. Sounds like someone looted my body. No one was around. Its quite embarrassing how it happened. I was in Shame casting Blade spirits and provoking then my Blade Spirit turned on me. I made it out of the dungeon but the poison got me after two failed cures. (low magery). The healer was 1 screen away. My armor I was wearing was still there but my regs, runes, rune book,and loot were gone. Total time dead was 30 seconds. Max.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Certain monsters such as orcs and ogres will loot corpses they pass by. They will loot one item at random, but if that item happens to be a bag (that contains all that stuff you lost), that could explain it.

It is not unlikely though that someone happened to recall to the dungeon entrance at the time you were running to the healer, saw your body and grabbed what they wanted, and then either ran away, ran into the dungeon, or hid, until you were gone.
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

No this is a clear case of that backpack glitch. It happens all the time. Too late for this body but next time close and reopen corpse. It glitches and shows you only some, if any, of your loot. In my case it will briefly show me my full corpse contents (.5 seconds) and then disappear. Sorry this happened to you.
    Again, closing and reopening corpse should do the trick.
    Mes likes this.
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I had this happen to me the other day! I was checking what was newbied in my pack and somehow I had to loot my body twice two different times to get all the items. It was almost like my corpse was split into two different containers.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Based on a discussion with El Horno this is caused by opening your paperdoll after you open your corpse. It is a side affect of the system that re-syncs you to the server when you open your paperdoll. This can result in you having to re-open a corpse after you open your paperdoll.

2 Solutions. Open your paperdoll before you corpse, or re-open the corpse after your paperdoll. This will solve the problem for now.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

This happened to me when I only had one corpse on screen. Just my corpse and nothing else.
  7. El Horno

Ya ill try to see exactly what happens here to recreate but its like a daily experience for me (I die a lot) and it most definitely is not just a empty corpse stacking over my full corpse.
  8. El Horno

Ok that was much easier to recreate then I thought. Open your corpse then open your paperdoll and you experience it. So make sure to open your paperdoll before your corpse! Also just reopening corpse again shows the full contents.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I heard this was a side-effect of Trammlization. Your body is split in two as it is rent asunder being drawn between the facets by forces unseen. Fortunately, Telamon coded it to keep the Trammel corpse on this side.
    Wise likes this.
  10. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up guys. Haven't died since. Im sure it will happen tonight. Dungeon crawl alone. lol