Lumberjacking on UO:R

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Azaazel, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

So what is the verdict on LJ so far? I've seen post saying 30% for GM and I've seen post saying a flat 9 damage for GM. Also is this 30% min and max or 9 damage added to min and max depending on which is the correct formula used here?

I just started this server so any correct info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

30% or 35% was the actual in-era value.

Here, however, the formula is:

Code:
    LumberjackSkill/10 - 1
    ...so it is capped at 9.

Also, the "concussion blow" from two-handed axes and halberds/bardiches does 25% reduction to opponent's INT, versus the 50% in-era.
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

So +9 dmg at gm or +9% to dmg?
  4. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

OK, so it is + 9 damage like a Vanq to min and max damage value of the weapons? That's not bad if that's the case. So a 6-38 damage Large Battle Axe would do 15-47? The max damage is 4 less then what max would have been era accurate, but the minimum is 7.2 higher. I'm fine with concussion blow only being 25%, it was too OP, any time you landed a conc blow mages would just run anyway.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

They still do. As soon as you cut their health in half with a good hit, they scoot like nobody's business. :p It's a fun template but get ready to rock pots or wands for the finisher because they can also gheal between the swings.
  6. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

I plan to rock some lightning wands for sure :). Appreciate the responses, was hoping i wasn't wasting my time cutting all the lumber lol. Going to make a carpenter anyway, so it will be put to use.
  7. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Concussion blow should be a drop in 50% mana upon a successful strike. I understand that many will absolutely seeth with righteous anger at such a proposal. With MB the way it is implemented on this shard, there needs to be an option available to dexxers in order to remain competetive.

I would even be ok with requiring a second skill such as lumberjacking, or something else. It should require the expenditure of mana as it would prevent a warrior from using it over and over again in succession.

There needs to be a "fix" IMO, the mage and hybrid community will disagree, but I think a dialog should be initiated so warriors can be allowed to compete with other classes without sacrificing stats, as if GMing resist wasn't enough to help mitigate damage from "one" spell that seems to have dominated the PvP field as it did in the past until it had to be nerfed.
    Kochampftt likes this.
  8. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

im in complete agreement with brymstone. it is extremely tough for anyone trying to be a pure dexxer/warrior. the different mage types and hybrids have almost always dominated pvp though. but its whatever, i can hang :)
  9. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Meh......you need superior numbers to make up for magery.....but when you finally get them its soooooo worth it......HOHOHOHOO!!!

NOOGRAAHH!!!
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Dexxers actually do roll pretty hard in a 1v1 box vs any other templates. The biggest issue in comparing the two is that no amount of dexxers can synch weapon hits or damage like 2+ mages saying "Load, 2, 1, drop" on a target.

Ezekiel posted a suggestion for potential change but it didn't really get full agreement from everyone. Something along the lines of % mana reduction per 'conc' blow, so even at the low end of someone's mana pool, the percent wouldn't leave them completely drained. Seemed like a decent idea to assuage the concerns of LJs who were hoping for a quick mage smashing.
  11. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

sure, in a box dexxers do okay, but when was the last time you ran into a pk open world that was like "hold on hold on, going to let you draw a box and im going to stay in it" . like i said, imaccustomed to it, i can roll :). ive ran armsmen, fencer, hallys, daggers, katanas and all sprts of parry templates, warrior at heart :) win some and lose some. im good with how it used to be :)
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, the only time I'm scooting away on any char is if I'm outnumbered or on a PvM char. Dex or mage, I'm gonna do what I can to fight a PK when I can. Things are so much closer to balanced here than prior eras, it's hard to deny.
  13. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

"Back in the day" I could run a naked/leather warrior/dexxer of any type with 100 str/100 dex/ 25 int and I did PRETTY well. I haven't been here long enough to test this even a little so I am merely going off of what I keep hearing "MINDBLAST OH NO! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD" and then I see people((Mes and someone else, can't remember his/her name)) saying things like "Well the truth is, it's hard out here for a pimp, you MUST have magery to have a viable pvp template, I am a big supporter of this, I think every class should have magery"....then I'm like seriously??? Someone actually had the testicular fortitude to say something like "I stand by EVERY template having magery, after all".

But hey, I'm just a new guy, and as said numerous times, I can dig it one way or the other :)

However, that being said, I DO NOT like hearing ANYONE say something like....Chivalry is/was the best....screw chivalry, game killer.