Lumberjacking won,t raise

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kane, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Noticed last night that i was no longer gaining it from fighting while using an axe but I've now chopped hundreds of logs with no gain and my skill isn't even at 60 yet. Am I doing something wrong?
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Hi Kane.

I want to clarify something you wrote in your post - you can't raise lumberjacking by chopping logs (turning logs into boards?). There's no skill check involved with that. You gain it by using your axe on trees.

I've read you can spar to 65. I personally GM'ed lumberjacking from 40 last week by actually chopping trees.

It will raise. Make sure lumberjacking is pointed up.

Make sure something else is pointed down.

Use axe on trees. Many times. I think I had 100,000 boards by the time I was done.
  3. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I meant chopping trees, and i want to say this is extremely excessive for how low my skill is, I've successfully harvested well over 1k trees with 0 skill gain. And I'm not sure if it's different here but on the OSI I gm'd lj purely from fighting
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

My best suggestion is you get in IRC and politely message Telamon about it. I don't think you're experiencing any bugs, I think this is just how it's currently designed. It's a tough skill to raise.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It is presently capped at 65.0 Shown skill from sparring, I believe. After that, you have to hit trees all the way to the top and it is fairly slow going but valuable for the resources you collect along the way. Also very worth it for the damage you'll be doing in the long run.

Also, be sure you have points to allocate of course, to state the obvious.
    Kane likes this.
  6. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Yeah i got it to start gaining but christ thats over the top slow, its really not even worth the trouble at this rate
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member