Mac & Razor UOAM Issues

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Sheepdog, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Howdy wizards of the technical realm!

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on an issue I have.

When I open up the UO positioning system via Razor, the Game window bar goes from blue to grey and when I move it then flashes blue and grey like the two windows are fighting each other for supremacy causing insane lag to the point where it just insn't usable.

I've been running pretty much solo since I got here and not partied up with anyone for activities so it hasnt really been an issue, I just havent used it, however for NoH stuff where I've partied up with smiths and such I have to find a quiet spot, open up the positioning system see where someone is, close it and then run to where I last saw them and hope they're still there.

It would be great to be able to actually use this amazing feature so any advice would be awesome. If none of this makes any sense I can upload a video of it happening so you can get a better idea.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I can't really help but this also happens to me and is the same reason I can't run scavenger. I had to reinstall my clients once due to not being able to turn it off, too. @Labeler might have some tips.
  3. Sheepdog

I am running the package I got from him, it's nice and smooth on everything apart from the one UO positioning issue.

Just means that we're at a pretty big disadvantage for any sort of field/group activities.
  4. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

hi all
    many things can be the cause: different hw components use different drivers. they may have grafical bugs for that matter. note: we are running a 25 year old game on top of the bill compute horsepowers with Operating systems way to advanced.
    some ppl had issues with MBP's on High sierra where VGA memory had to be tweaked. i tested my imac and i didnt have this issue cause my vga has 4tb memory dedicated.(m295x AMD R9)

the only issue i have but i rarely have to deal with this, is when i move UOR client or Razor windows, it tripps all over the desktop it doesnt follow my mouse pointer. instead it behaves haywire. this makes me hard to reposition my windows. i dont do this too often so i dont bother rly.

also, if something breaks down with 1 of my 3 clients, i restore the client app from a backup(Timemachine) and everything goes back to normal. not only is this a good way to bakcup your macro/profile and working game setup, it also reduces the stress when something breaks and your trying to fix things. just restore, wait 2 mins and up you go again

this said: i m pretty happy my client. runs smooth, bars arent fucked or giving me any problems whatsoever.
    as for the positioning system in razor VS the native UO automap.
    the razor positioning is merely a simplified uo automap. it has zero features as far as i know. if you wanna use some GPS system, please use uo automap. in my client it works fine, it only requires you to run it manually as i didn't figure out why it doesn't auto start when opening the UOR client+fps patcher.

my client consists in:
    - Updated Razor version 1.0.14.9
    (https://www.uorazor.com/)

- fully functional UO automap version 8.3 including the map grid for ores
    (http://forums.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19046)

to run automap on the designated UOR client do the following:
    right click the APP(uo renaissance.app)> Show Package content > run wineskin > advanced > Tools (tab) > task manager > new task > browse to C:\program files\uoam\uoam_auto.exe (this should be prepopulated) > OK

i hope this can help you
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    compsays and Vandalin like this.
  5. Sheepdog

Thank you dude. I will try this tonight and let you know!
  6. Sheepdog

@Labeler - it worked! UOAM no longer fights for supremacy with the client window, it just sits there, letting me know where I am in the world, thank you so much!

I still can't see other players I'm partied up with, but this is still a victory for me. Any idea how to get it so I can see the other players locations in my party?
  7. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

@Sheepdog in order for you and your friends to see each other location you have to connect/host a link.
    see LINK tab in UOAM.
    either host and share details with your friends or connect someone else's host.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 20.17.51.png
  8. compsays

compsays Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey Labeler. I have a query if you have a moment to help me. I'm on IRC if I'm online. Shaw_Taylor.