Macro help

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by CaptainMorgan, Apr 5, 2015.

1. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I've got a big macro project I'm working on and I'm stuck on one issue. Whenever I use Item ID and then target by type, it sees same-type objects in nearby containers. I need a way to ensure that it targets the object I want it to, not stuff nearby.

I've tried relative location in my pack and it says it's too far away. I've tried a couple different methods of setting last target, but they seem to suffer from the same issue.

Thoughts?
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I had this same issue when I was creating an all in one alchemy macro, if you figure it out please let me know!
  3. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

that character has opened and viewed those containers so your client knows whats inside them, I believe there is a way to reset the client by completely closing that client window or going completely out of range or something like that. I have had this issue myself cant remember how I got the client to stop knowing what was in range.
  4. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

How much are you willing to pay for the solution? ;)

edit: I do not know the solution... but for a nice 'get this idiot back on his feet' prize pool I might be persuaded to look for one.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  5. CaptainMorgan

Still trying to figure this one out.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Have an alt running a restock agent on the 'drop container' that takes every potential item type. Set a matching organizer to move the item to alternative containers the main character doesn't know the contents of.
  7. CaptainMorgan

Trying that now. Good idea. Thanks
  8. CaptainMorgan

That almost works. Instead of successfully ID'ing the items in the nearby chests, it says it cannot be seen.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

heh, damn
  10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Choose a container type for the ID items that you dont have laying around... you are IDing containers, or?
  11. CaptainMorgan

I'm IDing treasure maps one at a time and sorting them based on the location #. Still trying to get this working. When I use Item ID, then target by type, it sees all of the maps in the neighboring chests. If I have opened the chests, it will ID them and then the sorting macro gets off because it sees the number form the map in the chest and puts the current map into that container rather than the correct one.
  12. CaptainMorgan

The macro works perfectly except for this one thing. If I can get it going, I will happily share the macro. I know there are others out there with thousands of maps to sort.
  13. Laretheo

Laretheo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

so your trying to sort out the number'd treasuremaps in like an order from 1-200 wow massive macro bro um
    probably tried this but restock agent into your bag, id map, then move map to correct chest with bag/location?
  14. CaptainMorgan

That's exactly what I'm doing, but when you ID by type map, it sees the others in the nearby chests too and doesn't necessarily ID the one in your pack
  15. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

separate the id and sort functions maybe? That way you can id in an isolated room so razor can't see what's in containers.

you'd still id things you've already checked as the macro runs, though...
  16. CaptainMorgan

They are already separate functions.

Right. The only way I've found around it so far is recall. Restock a map, recall away, ID, recall back and sort
  17. BlackEye

I am not sure about this as I haven't tried it yet: But are you able to explicitly double-click only the maps in your main pack (so that razor is not trying to double-click the surrounding maps in the other containers? That way, you could set the last object, id last object and move last object according to the sys msg. Afterwards, double click again item by type to set the next last object.

I think, that could work, because it works with tongs on my smith who is double-clicking tongs by type (and only in his main pack) and not trying to double-click the surrounding tongs.

EDIT: If move last object does not work easily, you have to have only one not id'd map in your pack, do as described above and move by type (instead of move last object). This will only work, if 'move object by type' only considers your item in your main pack. Then re-stock with one un-IDd map.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  18. CaptainMorgan

Double clicking the map does not make it the last target, just last object. If you use Item ID, then hit LastObject, it just opens the map...does not target it.

The moving isn't the hard part. That's easy and working just fine. it's just the ID'ing that's a problem.
  19. CaptainMorgan

OK, after chatting with Telamon (@Chris), I've got this working now.

With "Range check Last Target" set to 0, set last target by type, attempt to target (I'm using a dagger) and loop until you get the right message (You can't use a bladed item on that) instead of the razor

!Loop
    Exec: Set Last Target
    Target by type map
    Double click dagger
    Wait for target
    Exec: Last Target
    Pause .3sec
    If SysMessage "bladed"
    Exec: Play <next macro>
    End If
    Mindless and Mary Jane like this.
  20. BlackEye

So, it will still try to randomly target the maps around with the dagger, but wont work if its too far away? Can't remember having seen a "range check last target".