Macroing maces - two accounts

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Khalyreth’nn, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Khalyreth’nn

Khalyreth’nn New Member

Two accounts, care about raising maces on one. The other is just a target instead of an npc. Is there a guide for how to set this up so I can GM maces and tactics? I don’t have a house either and I am on Ocllo island.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

With young status? I don't believe that is possible. If you have [young status you may remove it for training purposes and return at least once but, the circumnavigation of the program's intent is a tad cringy.

I would LOVE to see a remake of the bone knight room/wall in the young player dungeon and young status UNREMOVABLE unless mass toggled by a GM for player events. This would popularize the aforementioned location and bring back the social aspect of this game this server desperately needs more of.

Imagine being new, needing to train, and being told to hit the "bone knight wall".... yeah, think about it.

Anyway, to re-rail my de-rail...

There's housing programs for new players though... @ReZon and @Kirby
    Leopold, Cheapsuit, Savage and 2 others like this.
  3. Khalyreth’nn

Khalyreth’nn New Member

Yeah I am not part of the young program so it is possible.

Will I be able to gm by hitting another character that is not attacking me?
  4. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yes, make sure hes wearing armor and healing itself tho if you are not trying to train healing on your macer
  5. Khalyreth’nn

Khalyreth’nn New Member

Ok sweet. So I just need some wands and a place for this to go down
  6. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Smith hammers work well too.
  7. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

Can ask @ReZon if he has open house in his program
  8. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

I’m not sure it’s possible and if it is, will take a very long time.
    The punching bag needs to have the weapons skill of the weapon they hold after about 65 (ish- this is when it slows down)

Unless you are fighting two players against each other and cross healing each other.
  9. Savage

Savage Well-Known Member

It has been awhile, but the best way I remember doing weapon/tactics training using two accounts would be-

First to max stats out or at least get Dex to 100- for faster swings and heals, and use fast low damage weapons.

I would lock Tactics low or at zero to lessen damage until weapon skill is high or GM, unless you're not having any trouble with heals. Cross heal on both or even add a third account running bandages if you need it. Tactics training is easier later once your chance to hit(weapon skill) is at GM.

Then attack a target with zero weapon skill (that target can have a weapon skill, just have him hold a weapon he has zero skill with) until you cap out in 70-80ish range.

Now switch to a target with 100 Weapon skill( can be the same target, just give him the weapon he has 100 with back).

Once you GM your weapon skill(chance to hit+ base damage), make your target zero weapon skill again, by using a weapon with no skill and turn Tactics up(damage) and watch it fly.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Nusir likes this.
  10. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Every character of mine with GM weapons got it from sparring (attacking) another one of my characters with bare fists and had 0 wrestling.

Besides it is Tactics that takes forever, not the weapon skill in question.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

My first character (a peace warrior aka "Streak") hired a Paladin from the docks in south Ocllo. I took him way up north west of the island and trained musicianship, peacemaking, healing, tactics, anatomy, and my weaponskill by sparring with my freshly hired mercenary.

I went through... a few.. but it got done.
    Savage and Nusir like this.
  12. Savage

Savage Well-Known Member

If you are new here, no house or any other support characters built, I would suggest going the Guild route like Project Sanctuary or the solo struggle I like and "Bunny Bash" your way to greatness!

My first character here was a LJ Swordsman-Holt. I chose to take advantage of the new player program in Occlo and re-live what I consider to be the most magic part of UO, starting new with nothing.
    Bunny bash your way through small animals collecting hides and gathering wool/cotton for bandages. When you are able, venture into the new dungeon and live there until you are able to take on the sailors on North Occlo. Sailors are where I made the gold to buy my first house, I sold everything, weapons clothing etc. He chopped wood when I felt like a more relaxed playstyle, and I sold that in bulk as well for nice profits. Holt was then the character I used to help other characters train skills requiring another character to fight/heal etc.

I just mention all this because too often we miss a lot of the best parts of UO by power gaming through training skills, and worrying about how much gold per hour you're turning.

Most people will say Bard dexxer first, this is just the way I went and had fun doing it.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Godric Greycliff and Nusir like this.
  13. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

I started with a pure dexxer, not knowing the way UO:R worked, I got most skills to mid 80’s before finding the forum and hearing of the peace dexxer.

And so the Peace dexxer was my next to be trained and played, I still didn’t know enough about Ocollo and the new player dungeon so found out by macroing peacemaking when not actively playing and training my melee skills in the dungeons of Ocollo.

This paid for my first mages regs, I was burning through more regs per hour than able to farm gold for but that’s mainly the small amount of hours I am able to play so with this in mind I was able to experience the Ocollo and most of what it offered, this was cut short however with the arrival of the anniversary items and so gave me some pocket money for regs!

I still use my peace dexxer for fun, and the wild ore golems and overground loch spawns were a main mob of choice for some time, it’s a good feeling being able to support yourself and I’d recommend the peace dexxer for that.
  14. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

Lure a ettin to the right type of house and whack away at him, if it's the right type of house, he shouldn't be able to hit you. I used to do this back in the day, haven't tried it here. Don't see why it wouldn't work and it's at least worth a shot. Make sure it's a really weak making wep like wand or something weak like that.
  15. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

I agree with @wylwrk on this. When I first started here I asked about whether the Deceit bone knight wall still existed. Obviously now I know that it does not as we knew it. But I would also love to see it recreated, exactly as it was back on OSI. I think this could be done one of two ways...either allow [young players to enter a very limited portion of Deceit Dungeon (via some sort of teleport) so that they could create and use the wall, or make an exact copy of the BK location within Deceit dungeon and add it onto the Ocllo dungeon. It would be similar to the provo pens. Having it located in the real Deceit dungeon would be quite fun in that it would add some interaction with non-young players.

I talk to a decent amount of new players and often people are wanting to macro melee skills without leaving the young program. This would be a great way to do that, plus allow others to macro healing as well. Sure there are much more efficient ways to macro melee skills, but if a BK wall existed I would certainly choose to use that rather than totally AFKing it.

So I hope that @Chris would consider adding this because I know there are lots of players who have very fond memories of the BK wall.
    Cheapsuit likes this.