Mage shops with 999 ea. reg?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by yaadood, Nov 18, 2012.

Should reg shops spawn with 999 of each reg?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2012.
  1. Yes (I would love it if I could buy regs and be done in 5 mins)

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No (I like to recall/gate around a pack horse for a few hours to get the numbers up, then buy regs t

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. yaadood

yaadood Member

2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

After housing there will be player reg venders to easily stock up.
  3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I vote for home delivery. I want reg vendors that can set me up on a monthly automatic bank withdrawal and drop off the goods on my doorstep. Let's get into the new millenium here.
  4. yaadood

yaadood Member

What makes you think there will be reg vendors then? There will be more vendor houses, more spread out, serving roughly the same amount of customers.

There's no reg vendor that gets restocked at brit moongate now, i don't see any logic that would make me believe just cuz moonglow or yew gate is open that it will magically appear.
  5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  6. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Old Fashion Reg Buying FTW
  7. Caly

Caly New Member

I mean no offense but im surprised about the poll so far, after all that talk people had about my suggestion before destroying the real estate market? What's the isssue here? Is it not market enough because you cant make a million a pop (not directing this at anyone in particular).

Either way, I see your point and it is a hassle, yet im against this. Give players a chance to make a buck of it. And its not really THAT hard to do either.
  8. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

In this world of Easy UO and Call of Duty turbo controllers, you should never be surprised by what players want out of a game. I wouldn't take this poll seriously though, as it's asking for something pretty outrageous. Give it too much credibility and we'll start seeing more of the same. I can see it now....

Should we have auto loot?

1) Yes, it would save me a lot of precious time cleaning up corpses wth the monsters are dead anyway just give me their stuff and let me move on

2) No, I like sitting there taking 2/3 of my free time dragging little pixels to my backpack when I could be killing more monsters

3) Actually I think monsters should just drop dead at the sight of me and save me the trouble wth why make me waste my time we know how it's going to end
  9. Caly

Caly New Member

Yeah i read ther sarcasm in the responses, yet the poll result itself was what shocked me.
  10. yaadood

yaadood Member

or people have jobs that work outdoors and don't get paid to play uo on their laptops and can go around and buy regs, wait an hour buy more, wait an hour buy more etc etc etc....
  11. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

I hate to say it but that's life. Six days out of the week I have very little, if any, time to play unless I sacrifice sleep. Sucks for me but I'm not looking to have the game watered down because of my problems. In any case, staff couldn't tell the difference between people who actually have no time or are just lazy players could they? And maybe a homeschooled 14 year old will start an account and have more time to play than any of us. I think that's why the game was made to be play-at-your-own-pace.
  12. Messiah

Messiah New Member

Idiots will never agree with good ideas so don't even bother. Regs being at 999 would have no effect whatsoever on the economy because you will still be paying the same price but you won't have to wait every hour to get it up to 999 then fall asleep to wake and they are back to 20 of each again. I totally support this idea because it makes sense but don't bet on people who fail to realize logic to agree with you.

Let's do an example shall we.. 1 player goes around and buys of all the mandrake and garlic, ok so for an hour people who need regs to pvm or pvp can't so they logg off or just do nothing for an hour. Why would anyone be against making the server more lively? I see no negative effect vendors carrying 999 of each reg all the time, so in retrospect you guys are against this with no valid arguments.
  13. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  14. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Must refrain....
  15. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

If you, or anyone else, would like to setup a reg vendor at the Brit Moongate, please let me know and I will let you. (and yes, I did read what you said and yes, I'm pretty sure I know what you mean/meant)

Perhaps a good starting point/compromise/alternative would be to have the restock timer adjusted and lowered just a bit, or instead of starting out at 20 the NPC vendor could start out at 200 (or something else more than 20), or additional NPC mage vendors at the same location "sync'd" with the other NPC mage vendors at that location ("sync'd" in regards to quantity of regs available... i.e. if NPC mage 1 has been built up to 999 of root, then the other NPC mage vendors at the same location would also, automatically, be built up to 999 root...)

I am all for being able to just login and play, as "just a minute" in UO time is usually a minimum of 15-20 minutes in real time. Yet at the same time, I would have to push for not having vendors start out maxed on regs.

-fren
  16. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

From what I understand (having never played there) on OSI it was damn near impossible to buy regs from shops and you could only get them from player vendors.

Regardless, reselling regs at a markup is a fair UO trade as long as you do it fairly (attended).

Some people may not be able to (or may not want to) farm, craft or resource gather, maybe all the can (or want) to do is buy regs and sell them for profit.

I am lucky to be able to log on at work sometimes but I can rarely do anything 'action packed' because I might need to minimize the screen at any second. Buying and selling bulk regs (and other stuff) made me a ton of money on another server.

Did you bother thinking about that dear sir?
  17. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

True story. It wasn't fun as a new player standing around in mage shops waiting for the restock either, but a necessary evil. At least for people who thought that it was fair to get out of the game what you put into it, in terms of both time and effort. I've never been a 7xGM skill ball/$5 for a million gold kind of guy. Unlike Messiah, who I'm convinced is Neal Boortz.
  18. Vagingo

Vagingo Member

reg buying was actually pretty fun on osi. just go to tram glow and wait for the regs to spawn then pick up 999 piles off the ground when ppl buy too much trying to be fast. then the bitching starts.
  19. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I miss picking up regs in the forest!!! :(
  20. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Maybe everyone can have their own personal mob spawn too, cause who likes to sit around and wait for someone to be done farming a spot. I know, Telamon can deliver mail order spawn straight to your doorstep.