Magic Items (Rings, Bracelets etc)

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Caly, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Caly

Caly New Member

Heya!

My first post here. :)

I just would like to know if magic ring etc are missing on purpose. I mean like rings of invis and teleport and the like.
    For me, it was always fun to collect them as they were really useful although few people used them.

Looking forward to your input!
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I believe that magic clothing and jewelry are turned off at the moment. Not exactly sure why, probably because it would be too easy to farm and hoard while the population is low as there is little danger and competition.

Never used it myself but I can see the value in having it, especially for warriors who have no space in their skillset for hiding.

The staff is probably planning on turning the spawn back on soon but you have to ask in IRC or send them a PM.

Cheers
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I hope they remain off.
  4. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Jewelry and clothing aren't the only things that are off. I opened a dungeon treasure chest the other day and every item in it was non-magical. And I get non-magical weapons and armor as monster loot all the time.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Me too but I also get a ton of magic items from farming. I would say one vanquishing or invulnerability item per hour of farming (and a bunch of power/force/hardening/fortification).

I feel your pain but at the same time I think the spawn is more than fair in terms of loot off monsters. Not sure about chests as I haven't done any.
  6. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

Used to get a vanq every once in awhile off lvl 4 chests,also invulnerable armor pieces.As of right now force weapons and hardening armor are the best you can get.I just started dumping it without checking it.....
  7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The magically imbued equipment (teleport, invisibility, bless, etc) does not currently exist on the server. This is likely something we will have to write from scratch in order to make these items authentic to Renaissance mechanics. However, at this time no official statement or discussion has been made on whether or not we plan to introduce these items to the server.
  8. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I also miss the random lvl 4 map from chests...