Magic reflect, Reactive armor, Protection

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Double Vision, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

All 3 spells give me the message it won't adhere to you at this time. Since last night, Most the time it says this spell is already in effect but I haven't been able to apply either 3 since last night and keep getting the adhere message.
  2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

I'm inclined to believe the problem here is in regards to the Buff Icon Display, not the actual spells themselves. There is currently a bug with the Buff Icons being displayed properly within the Icon "tray" that shows them when they are are active. Logging out with Magic Reflect active does not always re-display the Icon when logging back in. This would lead some players to believe that no protection spells are active, when reflect is in fact still active but not being shown as such.

I would recommend you attempt to forcefully "clear" both Reactive Armor & Reflect, then attempt to re-cast either one & see if this resolves your problem. To "clear" either one, you'll need to cast enough spells on yourself to drop reflect, or allow another character/creature to hit you with sufficient damage to nullify reactive armor.

I tried to reproduce what you've reported above & all 3 of the protective spells work fine for me, and they re-apply as expected once nullified as well.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Is there proper description on these spells and bonus that scribe gives to each one?
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Casted 40 Lightning on myself, Been getting hit by dragons for the last two hours, So magic reflect and Reactive armor is for sure off. When a spell is active such as Magic reflect or reactive armor it says this spell is currently in effect when you try to apply it but for over 24 hours it has been saying This spell will not admire to you at this time for all 3 spells, Protection, Reactive armor & magic reflect. It's as if the time to reapply the spell is stuck but 100% sure neither of them spells are active. Zyler had the same problem, any ideas? ever since last night to now I can't apply either 3 and keep getting the message this spell will not adhere to you at this time.
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Magic Reflect - Reflects spells back to the play/Monster casting them on you. The higher the circle of a spell the faster it will wear off your Magic Reflect.

Reactive Armor- Aborbs melee damage while it is active,

Protection- Allows you to cast spells without being interrupted. Also pretty sure it adds to your armor rating while it's active but can't remember. I'll check when i can cast it on myself again.

Inscription increases the strength of the magic reflect spell. At GM inscribe you will reflect more circles of magic then without Inscribe. The higher the circle the faster it wears off reflect. For instance, If someone cast Explode Ebolt on you and you have reflect on without GM inscribe then it will reflect the Explode but you will get hit with the ebolt . With Gm Inscribe you will reflect the Explo & the Ebolt. It also increases the strength of Reactive armor, allowing it to absorb much more damage than without, nearly double. Also, the chance to not be interrupted last longer after casting protection. You will take the hit but you wont be interrupted.

Inscribe does not add damage to spells no matter what anyone tells you.
  6. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Personally I feel that if you cast MR, RA or Protection while currently under the effects of one of them, it should override and replace the current one instead of not being able to cast it on yourself.

Would fix the current problem easily and help with accidently applications of the wrong spell :)
  7. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I was hanging out with Double Vision and I also got his disease. I couldnt re-apply MR, I have gone in and out of Wind a few times, not sure if that triggered the problem.
  8. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

It's contagious watch out.
  9. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I now have the same problem and cannot apply Magic Reflection to my characters. This changed overnight; didn't do anything different from my normal routine either. Also fyi - the Magic Reflect cooldown period is still a lot longer than the era accurate mechanics (discussed here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=417&p=1226#p1226)
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Still waiting on an update for this , Kinda lame some of us have to run around without magic reflect or defensive spells.
  11. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

This bug has just started up on me again. Haven't been able to cast Magic Reflection for the past twenty minutes :/

Added - Ezekiel temporarily fixed this in-gme for me (thanks :)) but it happened again. The only clue I can offer about the bug is that it has something to do with my character dying. I don't know what particular circumstances (if any) are required, but it always stops working after I die and am ressed again.
  12. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Yep happened again back to not being able to cast any defensive spells.... :roll:
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Mondays patch should have a fix for this. However we are still running tests to be able to reproduce it.
  14. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

my faction character has the bugg now too & im definately not faction fighting without it so hope mondays patch fixes it.