Magic Wepon/Armor BOD's

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Reginald, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

We all have MASSIVE amounts of hordes of crappy armor/weapons lying around somewhere.

Would it be a good idea, to aid the reduction of items on the server(increasing performance of the server) if a Magic Item BOD system was put into place. Not only would it stimulate the economy where by people would now be going out in search of vendors with the right items, but it would also mean higher levels of activity where people needed to farm more! For example.

An Lbod for Magic Swords might go something like this.

Magic Bladed LBOD

20x Viking Swords
    20x Katana
    20x Broadsword
    20x Cutlass
    20x Scimitar
    20x Blah blah blah

All items must be Exceptional
    All items must be of Vanquishing

Honestly, don't know what the reward would be, but i am sure if it included Slayers, it would be good.
  2. diran

diran Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So what like the modifier and vanquishing or power would be neat but I bet people are stack these cause of cub and such
  3. ToX

ToX Active Member

IMHO More reward = more items.
    If you want to reduce items on server maybe might be useful a decay/rustying system based on inactive time of single item...
  4. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

Well if you get say 1 color ruin spear like a green item or something for 20x ruin spears. then isnt that reducing the item count by 19 and increasing time played?
  5. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

I melt all that crap down to ingots, as I am so lazy these days for mining in the same way I used to mine. I spare every weapon and cloth, armor and so on, recall some extra times instead of dungeon sit, smelting the metal and cutting the clothes to pieces and use it for TInkering/Blacksmithing and tailoring.