Make Factions Great Again.... SL on the return

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by gbus, Mar 29, 2020.

1. gbus

gbus Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yea we all would love for this to happen so let's try to do our best to make it happen. I know this has occurred numerous times where people try to stir up factions but if we stop trying it for sure won't ever be active very much.

With that being said I've created a UOR Factions chat for everyone on Discord (still tweaking some settings) https://discord.gg/gGjHQj. Just drop what faction you roll with when you join so I can tag you appropriately.

If your interested in joining SL lemme know I'm going to try and get some field fights going on the weekends at minimum and see how much action we can stir up. I'm a returning long time vet of UO and have a few people who are EU time with a couple PST/CST. I also want to stir the pot on Faction Improvements on what we can send to Telamon to see what may be a possibility to get implemented into the Faction system in a future patch.
    Vincent Blackshadow and One like this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    TheNomad likes this.
  3. WarrenBuffet

WarrenBuffet Well-Known Member

@One while I can see the appeal of your ideas mentioned above, I also wanted to voice my opinion on the one city faction plan.

One of the main things that got me to start playing here was the advertisement of the original OSI faction system. That was a huge draw for me. Now, with this server being a lot smaller than OSI was there deff needs to be some changes. But I think we can achieve those without losing the classic feel of factions.

The shorter corruption times for sigils is a great start. maybe down to 2-4 hours

A complete silver wipe of the faction coffers. each faction holds 10-20 mil in silver, this makes guard spamming so easy.

The idea for clothing rewards is nice and all but I think stuff like that should fall 2nd to actually improving the system.

I believe someone mentioned faction ethy's, this would be a good incentive to join and also help out new players.

Another idea would be to have random stronghold type events in towns. On OSI now they do vice/virtue and have a king of the hill type event every 8 hours or so in a random town that is announced server wide to faction members. There is a spawned 8x8 area that when stood in long enough "captures" it for your team. Events like this can really impact the activity levels of the shard.

Other things that are not game breaking, but just a pain in the ass, is balancing of the bases. And possibly the moving of TB to Castle Brit, the original place.

Not having to have stealing to take sigil would also open up more viable pvp templates without having to worry about stealing.

These are just a few things but I think we are moving in the right direction.
    One and Salick like this.
  4. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Discord link is expired, set it to no limit and never expire.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    WarrenBuffet likes this.
  6. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

With the number of people that like shiny pixels here maybe add clothing rewards or deco items to the silver shops.
  7. Arkhan

Arkhan New Member

Late to the party, but Minax or die.