Massive Large Scale Battles!!!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zim, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

One thing this shard is lacking in my opinion is the large scale battles. Im talking like 20 or 30 man teams with like 4 or 5 mages, some archers, some lumberjackers and some parry macers duking it out somewhere for fun and profit.

Back in the heyday of AI (R.I.P) I was in the undead guild. There were two orc guilds, YEW, Order of the Silver Serpent, and like a 3 man "savage" guild and they were all awesome. YEW had like 15-20+ members, yhe undead had like 5 or 6, both orc guilds had about 8-10, OSS had like 3-5 and the savage guild had 2 or three.

We used to coordinate and have battles so big we outlawed field spells because they were too OP. It was usually YEW and OSS vs the Orcs, the Undead, and sometimes the savages.

I SOOO miss those days.
    Yew was a band of mostly warriors, so were the orcs and savages, we the Undead, were about 80% mages.

When we would fight the teams would be 20-30 people a team! On that shard there were about 80ish real people playing at the time? The fact that that shard had a few dedicated crafters who just didnt fight. *ahem* CrapFactory and Subishi *ahem* This was literally 70% of the shard involved when we would fight.

This made for some truly epic battles!
    Macers and Lj's were up front while the archers and mages rained down arrows and fire all while trying to help keep people alive. We used to designate the med warriors as "healers" because there was no way the few mages could toss out enough greater heals and still have any mana left for ebolts!!! The best part was after the battle was over there were SO MANY bodies all piled up.

It was literally awesome.

Are there any guilds or collections of guilds here on UO:R that would be up for that kind of thing? I would love to be a part of that one more time before this game finally dies. :)
    Imbol, Arawn and Ouroboros like this.
  2. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

What great fun it was! I too miss those epic battles, though I haven't really gotten into PvP since I played on AI. Long live UOR, but damn I do miss that shard.

Do you remember that Roman Legion guild? Forget the name, but they were always warring, and they were a lot of fun to fight. I recall even on their slowest nights they would still field up to 10 players. Great times.
    Imbol likes this.
  3. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

YES id forgotten about that!! They all acted like huge douches as a true roman would do. That was right about the time Tenderheart made that guild of people with all the same names and outfits. Might have been the same group of guys. Good times.
    Imbol and Ouroboros like this.
  4. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member

Hah! I always suspected that.
    Imbol likes this.
  5. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This sounds amazing and I have always wanted to see something like that here. The closest I've experienced to that here, was during an ongoing RP battle between P'S and the Brigands led to us raiding their base, and the orcs came to back them up. It was maybe 15 vs 12 or so? Mainly dexxers. I remember that we (PS) were too many to fit into just one party, and we even picked up a random stranger along the way, who ended up joining up with the brigands after the first battle!! It was epic!! Unfortunately that was before the days of my youtube channel, and I do not have any video of it...

I would definitely love to try and get something like this going again, drop me a line if you would like to work together in making this happen!
    Lord Krake and Imbol like this.
  6. Imbol

Imbol Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

As I do not use Razor, I cannot compete...

... but I can certainly field. ^_^

I'd love to be a part of such a scene.
  7. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

We had ~20 people fighting in Skara Brae 2 days ago.. if you want large scale battles, join Factions - its popping recently!
    Arawn, Rextacy and Imbol like this.
  8. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

30-40 people would be 10-15% of the entire server, good luck.