May Day Piracy Contest: May 1st - 7th

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by BlackEye, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

May Day Piracy Contest
    Sunday May 1st to Saturday May 7th

Anyone can enter tournament - no signup required, no entry fee!

[​IMG]

FINAL point table:

PiracyPointTable.jpg

PiracyPrizeTable.jpg
    Greetings Adventurers, Rogues and Swashbucklers of the Sosarian Oceans!!!

Let's cut it short: Lookouts count increased activity of landlubbers in our fine waters!!! Our spies report that local authorities promised wealth and fortune to their simple-minded citizens. They probably want to get rid of their overpopulation or have some other deceitful plan in mind. The gathered sources can be found here (but beware, don't fall for their lies and trickery!): http://uorforum.com/threads/may-day-fishing-triplet-edition-may-1st-7th.16463/
    To counter that covert attempt to seize any Pirate's rightful ownership of the oceans and prevent overfishing of our peaceful seas (Yes, we are the good ones here!), all stinky Fishermen have been declared fair game (by me) and a contest is announced to get your lazy butts out of the hammocks!

The rules of the May Day Piracy Contest are simple:

Hunt and 'catch' all illegal fishermen on the oceans.
    Post screenshot of 'catch' in this thread.
    All screenshots must be posted between 05/01/2016 to 05/07/2016. All kills must be from the time between 05/01/2016 to 05/07/2016. Old Screenshots are not considered in this contest. If possible add a date stamp. For winning a prize, the profiles of pirates must be public.
    Try to get a trophy apart from the screenshots (preferably heads!). A collection of fisher's heads will be displaced in the Pirate HQ of 5D.

Rulez & Points:

- All first kills of fisherman by each pirate will be counted as 1 point. I need screenshots that clearly show the kills. Example: Pirate A kills three fishers X, Y and Z for the first time and receives three points. Additional kills by Pirate A don't count. All other pirates are still eligible to collect points from fishers X, Y and Z.
    - All first kills of pirates by each pirate will be counted as 2 points. Example: If Pirate A kills Pirate B and post the screenshots, he earns 2 points per killed pirate toon (usually 3 toons on a boat = 6 points)! Pirate C can kill Pirate B too and earn the extra points too. Pirate B can get his revenge and collect Pirate A's and Pirate C's heads too for points. (Definition: A pirate is someone that participates in this contest.)
    - All pirates that want to be eligible for prizes need to have public profiles for their pirates. I need to see the timestamps of the kills. I am aware, that not all your pirates will have all the kills listed, e.g. when two pirates kill one fisher, while the third toon wasnt involved. But I can figure that out in combination with your screenshots.
    - Five points are given for kills of fishing champs, i.e. fishers that won either the biggest fish or smallest fish category in one the previous fishing contests. Here is the list of the fishing champs:
    PiracyVIPs.jpg
    - Points for shore kills are not handed out WHEN these landlubbers have no proven record for their succesful crimes to the sea. But if it's targets from the VIP fishing champs list, the according points (5!) will be handed out.
    - If there are tied winners THEN the pirate that got the first points earlier wins. Post your screenshots early! Don't hold back the good stuff and let us all enjoy!
    - Honorable mentions are given out for great tales, nice tactics, creativity and really cool stuff in general. Judges for honorable mentions are: Treasureman, Random and Samorite.

REMEMBER: I need to see the names and dead bodies of the fisherman as well as your pirate's names!

Disclaimer: Until the contest starts, I might change some details and prizes (beef them up). As this is a point based, neutrally judged contest, I will participate too with my pirates (I want to be a pirate too!!!).
    I also recognize that there is some fake potential in this contest. I am trying to minimize it and really count on the honor of all participants, but when some contributions smell too extremely fishy, I will try to have it investigated by our UO:R gods.

Many thanks for the generous donation of all the flowerpower in the prize table to Treasureman!!!
    Many thanks for the generous donation of 500k to Random!
    Many thanks for the generous donation of 250k to Larloch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May the best pirate win!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    ElleFeyRa, One, Xegugg and 17 others like this.
  2. Syphilis_Jack

Syphilis_Jack Active Member

The pirates have heard the call. The seas shall no longer be a safe haven to smuggle the treasures of our long dead brethren...
    Erza Scarlet, Lightshade and BlackEye like this.
  3. bungfadda

bungfadda Member

My soul is being ripped in two on this event! Do i fish to become rich and famous maybe wipe some pirate blood off my blade. Or do i stop showering,knock a few teeth out, and get a cool parrot for my shoulder. Damn it either way Blackeye you have come up with one interesting event for this server. Thank you, you deviant bastard!!!! LilSisMonain
  4. BIGSHOW

BIGSHOW Well-Known Member

I'm going to triple box my trackers! I knew it would come in handy some day!

Ye be warned, scaly wags! Lock your doors! Hide yo fish! They killing everybody!
  5. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Love the idea!
    BlackEye likes this.
  6. Treasureman_Retired

Treasureman_Retired Well-Known Member

I'll add a large potted tree for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners... and a medium non flowered plant for honorable mentions. I enjoy the idea of combining the fishing event and a pirate event together. Adds more people to the mix!
    Azoth, Hydrox, Zyler and 3 others like this.
  7. BIGSHOW

BIGSHOW Well-Known Member

woot!
    BlackEye likes this.
  8. BlackEye

That's extremely generous! And on behalf of the pirates, I accept that donation to our honorable cause! Arrrrrr!
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

GROG!
    BlackEye likes this.
  10. BlackEye

Update:

- Generous donation by Treasureman!!! (awesome juice!)
    - Rulez (public kill profiles necessary!)
    - Pirate vs Pirate points too
    - Disclaimer (I want to participate too!)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    MikeK and The Crooked Warden like this.
  11. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

!
    BlackEye likes this.
  12. syncopations

syncopations Active Member

In the name of Mother Earth, volunteers of Greenpeace will heed this call. Sails of the Rainbow Warior shall rise again to protect our future. These crimes against nature should be ceased at once, at all costs. We shall clear these waters from both greedy fisherman harming our waters just for some entertainment as well as blood thirsty pirates. Thus, I take the initiative and call thee to board the Rainbow Warrior IV to join our campaign!!!!

We have already trackers employed on her yet She needs more honorable souls to stand her ground against these crimes. In the end , we will be pooling and spliting our gains, but It would be nothing in comparison to satisfaction and glory of fighting for mother earth. Also, we are ready to collaborate with other volunteer organizations. Contact me if you are interested.

The rainbow warior ==> http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/about/ships/the-rainbow-warrior/

"When the Earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear, when that happens, The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them" - Chief Seattle. RIP Fernando Pereira. http://www.rainbow-warrior.info/en/Matauri-Bay
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  13. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

Wait, what?
  14. syncopations

You can`t just rp the Rainbow Warior and leave out Matauri Bay and Fernando :/
    Hydrox likes this.
  15. BlackEye

Just another crazy turk. Hahaha. ;)
    Hydrox likes this.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I've seen their version of Star Wars.
    I'm sure as hell never messing with anyone from Turkey... ever. Anyway...

I saw an actual pirate (player) out in the great open sea yesterday and I want to encourage not only that player but, any others thinking about it to get out there and mix it up more often.

While the moment was brief, it was a break up in the monotony and a ton o' fun! So, please whoever that was... don't give up, get back out there, and keep it up!
    Random and BlackEye like this.
  17. syncopations

ROFL this made my day :D. This is how we do it
    wylwrk likes this.
  18. BlackEye

Which template?
    syncopations and wylwrk like this.
  19. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

Nice,

i will be around a bit on the beginning of May.
    Lets see how many pirate heads i can pile up.. ;)
    ElleFeyRa, crazydaze, Heretic and 2 others like this.
  20. BlackEye

Update:

- The piracy contest got a very generous donation of 500k from @Random. Mucho gracias for that in the name of all pirates. Updates the prize table.

- Random also joined the list of judges for honorable mentions on my request.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016