Melee Damage

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mad_Bob, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Mad_Bob

Mad_Bob New Member

Just wanted to know if I'm the only one who thinks melee damage is all over the place. Aside from the constant 1 damage hits it just feels wrong. I had noticed this back in beta and hoped it would be fixed by now but it seems no different.

Given that many new players start as melee types I would think this would be top priority. I can't believe we have bod's/champ spawns/boss monsters when the basics aren't even in place. I realize it takes time to get all this right but it would be nice to know its on the list for fixing before I put my time and effort into getting established here.

Anyone else noticed this?
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Around beta the issue was armor absorbing way too much dmg and that has long since been rectified.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  4. ico1

ico1 New Member

I have hit single digits with a vanq double ax on my axer multiple times. He's not fully GM'ed yet but he is in the high 90's on everything that is not GM'ed.
    I went on the test server and it seemed to do better than on the actual server for some reason, saw Chris use a vanq spear on a dummy and hit for less than 10 dmg maybe 2/40 hits.

I personally feel that warriors need something that helps them be more of a viable template, but maybe that's because I like warriors :D
    It does seem like there is a lack of pure warriors on the shard because of the difficulty in playing one.