Merry Christmas UOR

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kash, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's a great day to spend time with one's you love, and it prompts me to reflect on this community for what it is. A bunch of people who have passion for this great game and can appreciate a finely aged UO. Sometimes we don't play nice in this ruthless sandbox, but in the end of the day we are people who share a common interest. I wish you all the best and hope that you're feeling a sense of warmth, well being, and community this day.

Merry Christmas UOR!
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Jbrni, Alvien, Blacklow and 13 others like this.
  2. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Same to you!!
  3. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas @Kash and everyone else
  4. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Well-Known Member

Murry Christmas, Murica!

... and non-Muricans :)
    Willy likes this.
  5. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas!!!

I sincerely appreciate your contemplations as well. It is community that draws me back time and again.

You could have all the greatest content in the world, but if you don't have community you might as well be running a solo client and that would get boring fast.

You also could have 15,000 people, but if the community too toxic then I'd want nothing of it.

UO:R is my Goldilocks' tale. I feel like we are constantly defending "Felucca" play styles, and rightly so, but it must be tempered with the understanding that fanatic pursuance of Fellucca mind-set drives people away. The Fellucca rule-set must abide, but we the players can decide how we interact with each other within the boundaries of the fixed environment.

The whole concept of Trammel to me is like somebody saying "I don't like gravity - I must be asked permission before I fall to the ground" and then decide to "subtract" that absolute constant truth from the fabric of reality. No matter how many times you tell me "gravity isn't real" my mind would just reject that and knows there is a fundamental element missing.
    NCCML, TheDarkOne and Kiryana like this.
  6. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Although I do not play anymore I still enjoy lurking in the background watching events and shenanigans

Keep me interested!

Merry Christmas

Samo.
    Kash and TheDarkOne like this.