MIB's for fun and profit

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Infantry, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Infantry

Infantry Well-Known Member

Messages in a bottle are a fun and profitable way to spend your Ultima Online time. The following is a collection of tricks, and facts that I have collected during my time of being a fisherman. I will go into detail and have some pictures for you in this thread. I hope you enjoy this Guide as it is the first I have ever written.

1. Messages in a bottle once removed give the coordinates to the treasure of a sunken ship. The coordinates of each message in a bottle can be in any deep water in the North West, North East, South West, or South East waters of our realm. Creating rune books in these 4 coordinates is the fastest way to reach your ship wrecked treasure. The pictures below are of the two rune books I currently use in the South East quadrant of our realm. I have named the runes the actual coordinates according to our UOAM map.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I used my treasure map rune books, my bank rune books, and the moongate system to get to the above marked rune locations quickly. If you look on UOAM there will be treasure map locations numbered THB 1 through THB 200. I must give credit to Basoosh and his David Hasselhoff's House of booze for the many runes I used during marking these locations. His Rune library is located in Yew very near the moongate pictured below.

With these runes I am able to check the coordinates on the message in the bottle and then recall close to the shipwrecked locations. I place a boat into the water and begin sailing the high sea's to adventure. This really cuts down on the time required getting to each location by sailing from one to the other.

[​IMG]

3. If you save up your messages in a bottle and do them at one time like I do, I recommend putting them in order by the coordinate numbers pictured below. The first row is coordinates 1 through 25 of the South East maps, second row is 26 through 50 of the South East Maps and so on. The first bag is from 1 through 100 and the second bag is for 101 through 179 based on the south portion of the map. I have bags similar to this for the other 3 coordinate types, North West, North East, and South West.

When I organize my maps I only use the first part of the map number such as 2.38 S 56.52 E, next map is 3.30 S 97.10 E and so on. This allows me to see where I should recall too and place my boat to get as many MIB'S done in the least amount of time.

[​IMG]

4. Now that your messages are in order and you have runes all over the coast lines, close to where you want to fish up your treasure it is time to set sail and pray for Poseidon to have mercy upon you during your travels.

I take three characters with me while on the sea's.

My first character is Black Bart, he is the one who fishes up the treasure chests and is an archer to help combat any sea creatures I encounter. He is armed with a bow and I use the following macro to fish up the treasure and to defend my characters.

!Loop
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3520|True
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
    Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|0|0
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09.5000000
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1511|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1196|

My second character is James he is also an Archer running the following macro to defend my characters. He is equipped with a snake's bane crossbow to do extra damage to sea creatures.

!Loop
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1515|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1395|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05

My third character is Tamer, he is a Provocation/Enticement/GM Mage. I utilize my Nightmare to do a bunch of damage, and can bring in my dragons if needed.

I have found this to be a pretty good setup to kill the krakens, water elementals, and sea serpents.

5. Now that you have sailed out and fished up your treasure map what do you do with all of the shipwrecked items you fished up with your chest. I use an organizer agent to place the "junk" I fished up into a small pouch that I place on the deck of the boat. I do keep all of the bone piles I fished up, as you can cut them up with scissors to collect the bones. See the following three pictures.

The first picture is everything I fished up on one MIB.

[​IMG]

The second picture is after I used my organizer agent to place the "junk" in a bag on my deck.

[​IMG]

The third picture show's how many bones I was able to collect from one MIB.

[​IMG]

On occasions you will be able to fish up a Platinum Coin in your treasure chest. I have obtained several coins doing these maps, and killing sea creatures from fishing. I use my tracking skill to hunt down and kill Serpents.

6. I utilize additional organizer agents to separate my good loot into bags at my home. I have one that takes all the scrolls and places them into a bag, one to place all the reagents into a bag, one to put all of the bones, leather, fish steaks, arrows and other miscellaneous stuff into a bag, another to put the gold, gems, and platinum into a bag, and the last to put all weapons into a bag.

This allows me to quickly put everything in the chests I have found into an organized manner for my own convenience.

This organized loot is shown in the next picture.

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking out my guide on MIB's. If you have any comments or would like additional information please contact me or leave a message in this thread.

Thanks
    Infantry
    Murdoc82, rick, ReZon and 3 others like this.
  2. Infantry

Here is a photo of a Platinum Coin in a chest from a MIB

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Vlar likes this.
  3. Infantry

*Reserved*
  4. garvey

garvey Active Member

Ahh so this is what you're always doing in there! :) Great guide
    Infantry likes this.
  5. Infantry

Thanks Garvey, this and treasure maps, I finished all 200 treasure map locations here. Thanks for selling me this amazing home.
    Vlar and garvey like this.
  6. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey infantry nice guide man.

I've never done MIB's...dont have fishermen...may never have or do either things but I was wondering if you had an estimate on gold per hour you can make doing MIB's?
    Infantry likes this.
  7. Infantry

Andersonius, If you have several mib's in the same quadrant you could make up to around 60k an hour, not including platinum, and the money made selling the gem's, scrolls, and weapons you get in the chest. I also sell the metal chests that I fish up.

I recommend getting a fisherman, for the adventure, you can sell the AMIB's, MIB's, and treasure maps. Or you can go on the adventures and make a ton of money from those as well.
    Andersonius likes this.
  8. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I do my mibs 100 at a time, plot them into uoam and make a single trip around the seas, the most painful part is entering all those points into uoam
    Nogoodman and Infantry like this.