Miner PKs eat dirt

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by nightshark, Mar 15, 2014.

1. nightshark

nightshark Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I didn't have auto screenshots turned on.

So the story goes, I'm out mining around the Covetous area. There's 4 caves in a small area on the west side of that mountain, and I'm happily mining some ingots and chatting on IRC. I look over at my mining screen and see "Chicken Lo Mein" has attacked my miner, I manage to successfully recall out. I tab over to another client which has my tamer on it, which I was using to gate my miner back and forth.

Instantly I recall to Moonglow stables and pull out 2 dragons. I cast invisibility on the dragons + my mare and gate them to a cave further north. I know the 2 PKs will be waiting out their recall timers and running around checking the other caves, so I hit all guard me and wait.

Surely enough, the 2 PKs run into the cave and start attacking me, however they're surprised when suddenly dragons and a nightmare come out of nowhere. Chicken Lo Mein lasts all of 3 seconds and Fried Dumpling manages to run away. However, common sense not being his strong point, he continues to engage me while I have 2 dragons in tow, doing clever things like dropping blade spirits. That might work if I didn't have hotkey for dispel like most people do.

It becomes apparent that Fried Dumpling is not going to give up, but his reluctance to come on screen with my dragons means I won't be able to kill him either. So I tell my dragons to stay and work on luring him back into the cave. He drops a blade spirit on me, and I let him cast an explosion/ebolt on me to get my health low and "flee" back into the cave. It works. He follows and the blade spirit, unluckily for him, switches to him as the target, so he runs to the back of the cave and casts invisibility.

Checkmate.

I grab the dragons, cast an energy field on the exit to the cave, reveal/all kill. I make a mistake of not disturbing his teleport, and he manages to teleport over the energy field with about 10% health. Oh well, he got away. 2 seconds later... "You have gained in Justice!". Lucky for me, the dragon had released an explosion, which was a ticking timer on the fleeing player :)

Both characters had around 8 short terms, so for a while miners of Britannia are safe once again!
    Kochampftt, boothby, Wil and 13 others like this.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Bump for truly great justice!
    Kochampftt likes this.
  3. Tabius

Tabius Active Member

Great, now I want Chinese food.
    Kochampftt, TiMi and Basoosh like this.
  4. Kochampftt

Kochampftt Member

do these chinese food names only attack players that are on characyers that they dont expect can fight back?
  5. Philthie

Philthie Member

How do you stop people recalling away in a fight? This story is hilarious though! Great read!
  6. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

That is correct.....start fighting back and most of the time they leave.