Mining Line of Sight

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JareX, Sep 3, 2012.

1. JareX

JareX New Member

Whenever I try mining south or east I get the "target is out of sight" message. This happens if I'm mining a mountain, and its tall enough so that I cant "look" at me feet. I use a relative location macro to do so. This works for me in other servers, but for some reason here I get this error.

is this a bug? or I'm just doing it wrong?
  2. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Nah, you're not doing it wrong. I noticed the same thing, just hadn't gotten around to posting about it. Specifically regarding mining south, I only worked the mountain that contains Covetous (stopped when I learned about anti-macro affecting it). You could mine all the way around the mountain on OSI (and some other servers) but the top of that range is almost completely unusable here. I always got the 'Target cannot be seen' message.
  3. JareX

JareX New Member

Ok, good to know im not the only one. I think this should be fixed since it seems to be a bug.

but what do you mean by that an anti-macro affects covetous?
  4. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

It wasn't just Covetous - the anti-macro code affected Mining skill gain anywhere. You couldn't get multiple gains in the same spot, needing to move up to 5 tiles away I believe. From what I understand it was supposed to be changed but I haven't seen any updates saying it was, so I'm still keeping busy with other things.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The line of sight issues are a known bug and we have that currently listed as high priority.

Regarding skill gains, in order to gain mining you will need to move, just as with lumber jacking. This is just a simple mechanism to prevent someone gm'ing a skill in a single spot.

This was also left this way because there is no way to tell the difference between a player macroing for skill gain and a player macroing for profit when it comes to our Anti Afk gather system.

That said the gain from mining/lumberjack still needs a detailed staff review and could be adjusted based on our findings.

Hopefully this answers your questions.
  6. JareX

JareX New Member

Absolutely.

Thank you! :)