Mining Skill: Real vs Displayed and Smelting

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Bates, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Bates

Bates Member

Hey folks,

Been here for a month and have noticed something.

Mining Skill checks for pulling Ore are based on Real Skill vs Displayed, by my memory on OSI it was Displayed that counted.

I have a character for pulling Iron and she is at 64.9 Real 74.9 Displayed and can't get Dull Copper. With +3 Gloves on I still can't get Dull Copper.

Now, at this point without Gloves on I can Smelt Dull Copper, but cannot Smelt Shadow, With Gloves on I can.

As well, when smelting crafted items, at these skills I recover 50% of the ingots the same as my GM Miner with the Gloves on.
    From what I remember smelting items was skill based at .66% per full point of mining skill rounded down. So at GM Mining I should be receiving 7 ingots back from a 12 ingot item or 8 with my +3 gloves on. Instead I get 6 Ingots.

Is this something that should be addressed? It would have an impact on the economy, but personally I think it should be looked at.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. T3h D4ve

T3h D4ve Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/coming-soon-to-renaissance-future-patch-q-a.6521/

Check crafting patch 56-58, it mentions about smelting, as well as the ability to chop up bone armour post patch.
    We got a patch last night, and I'm just realising I gotta check if carp bods are here yet....
    If what you were asking wasn't in th patch last night, tela's got it in his list for th ingot return, however for smelting ore vs skill levels, no idea......mine it to gm.....
  3. Bates

Bates Member

Thanks, It wasn't in today's patch, Guessing Chris wasn't able to get it ready in time.
  4. Bates

Bates Member

Updated numbers as skills have increased....

Waiting for patch to hit and will update again. :)