Mining2

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mutombo, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ore veins are reduced to 16 ore per vein in Patch 41

I honestly did not think there were any problems with mining before all these changes. There really still is not a big player to player market for ingots right now, and that's because the system before hand already worked very well. Anti AFK system guarded against afk miners. There were a few people who mined and sold their ore. The majority of people just mined and used the ore on BODS which require HUGE amounts of ore to complete. The changes being made basically will further reduce the player to player market for ingots and further increase the difficulty of BODS which are already impossible. NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE PERFECTLY ERA ACCURATE. We have taken some things and made some things better. Having lots of places to mine was NOT A BAD THING it was fun!
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Ore Banks during the Second Age and Renaissance era only contained 16 ore. Until patch 41 the banks were defaulted to a random 10-34 ore which is grossly inaccurate for our time period and economy.

This resulted in colored ores being to easy to gather because a vein would produce so much of that ore in a single spot.

However, while accurate for our time period, we did not add the system in which a failed mining attempt resulting in the resource bank being depleted. For the time being you will get 16 pieces of ore from every vein, however the attempts may vary depending on your skill, and the type of ore present.

All a player needs to do is move 4 tiles in any direction to find 16 more ore.
  3. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Guise, if its going to be 16 per vein... Can we toss around the idea of stopping this nonsense of medium and small ore piles? Mining is annoying enough to have to combine piles and move all kinds of crap around.

I think it would be beneficial to everyones quality of life if the only ore piles were the normal healthy fat piles.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm in agreement with Tater, it would be a lot better if there was only one type of ore stack.
  5. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Also, not a huge deal but the mountain sides that you can target now, the ones you couldn't before the fix. You can mine them but if you try to use prospector tool you get can not be seen.