Missive to Wispfelt

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Alex Caember, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

Greetings Governess!

It might seem ponderous as to why I have written to you, but it would seem that the Virtues themselves will it.

Upon stepping outside of the King's Library this morning after a long night of transcribing tomes, I was greeted by none other than a cheerful wisp!

[​IMG]

Until this day, I have not laid eyes upon a wisp in these parts, especially not near the King's Library. It is a sign if I had ever seen one, and it did recall to my mind the place of Wispfelt which I have read about in some of the books I have procured. I would very much like to extend a hand of friendship to you on behalf of the Great Council, for I think our goals and motives are very much aligned (and our mutual libraries could benefit from each other). If it is agreeable to all parties, perhaps we can even establish an Ambassadorship to represent Wispfelt aboard the Council.

Please, do take time in considering the offer. Thank you kindly,

-Lord Gael Wordsworth, King's Steward and Curator of the King's Library
    SteelyDan, newme, Halabinder and 6 others like this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Greetings Lord Gael Wordsworth:

Wisps have a strong history in our world. At one time if an adventurer became lost in the wilds, and came across a Wisp, if asked politely which way to whatever town, the Wisp would sing it's song and move in the right direction. ( playing a bit of music, seemed to help)
    I was not aware Wispfelt was mentioned in books. Would enjoy reading them at some point.
    The ambassadorship sounds interesting. Perhaps soon we can get together and discuss this at length.

Best to you :)
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story has been added to the oral history of Paws.

MEMORIZED!​