Monster Compendium Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by wvmtnman, Apr 3, 2014.

1. wvmtnman

wvmtnman Member

Has there been any talk on adding comment box or something to the Monster Compendium so players can put tactics, location, Loot and such for the Monsters?
    Vlar, SexMachine and Basoosh like this.
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

What about a 'Hunting' sub-forum? People could post their own guides to killing certain monsters.
  3. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

No. I think exploring is part of game.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I know Chris and I have talked about perhaps some 'in character' journal excerpt type comments describing combat with the monster. This is a VERY true to the game concept as the original game guide that came with UO when it shipped had similar tales about things in the game, from the perspective of a 'person' in the game.

I think if you make this a repository of any such tales/notes on spawns, Chris would be happy to add some of them to the Compendium if they are concise and appropriate.

Executioners:

An excerpt from the journal of Larry LaLonde:
    "Again I find the need for gold and riches compelling me into the depths of Wrong. Hunting the executioners is not for the faint of heart or the weak of strength. While no magic is cast, the traps in the floor can be the death of you while avoiding the heavy axes of these fiends. I find the the various rooms suitable for hiding out of line of sight, should any would-be murderers show up to end my adventures early. If you're a warrior, peacemaking or parry will suit you quite well here. Personally, I just play my music to anger them into doing the dirty work for me while I hang out and clean up the gold and treasures."

Something like that :p
    Vlar likes this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Like the idea a lot. I would probably use it quite a bit, both contributing and learning.

I guess I see where you're coming from, but just about everything is already spelled out on the monster compendium pages already. I don't think letting players post comments crosses any lines at this point.