Mouse click issue

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Everlast, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Wasn't sure where to post this so tried here.

I have an issue where the first click seems not to register in the game about 75% of the time.
    To explain - when I double click bandages, I get 'bandages' above the cursor (instead of a target) 75% of the time.
    The other 25% of the time, I get the target.
    What this means is I have to double click bandages, wait a sec to see if I get target or description, then click again if I get description. Thus adding 1 sec to my healing.

The same thing happens when I click my 'in vas mani' macro.. a target always comes up, but I hit the healthbar I want to target once, nothing - 75% of the time.
    So I click again, and it heals.. the other 25% heals on first click.

It's as if UO is in the background 25% of the time. Maybe razor is taking the 'upper' layer?

I have no other programs running, I am not on a network, I am running Windows 10 on a PC.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Heya Everlast,

What's your razor setting at that I've illustrated below?

2017-08-20 21_32_43-Calendar.png

I've my doubts about ^ but have solved at least one and no more than two this way :p

When you initially left click the UO screen and it doesn't work, do you hear the window's audio, and/or is the window color distorted in any way at the time?
  3. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thanks for reply. The audio is perfect, but the delay happens from one heal to the next.
    For example - it happens when hitting a bound key to use a bandage, the target appears, I click the intended target healthbar - nothing happens, target remains. Target stays up, so I click the healthbar again, and begin applying the bandage. This will happen 75% of the time I'm healing via bandages. The other 25% of the time, it heals the intended target on first click.

This is consistent with all clicks in the game.. looting macroes, mount/dismount, etc.. it's as if UO just goes to the background (with sound remaining) randomly to the tune of 75%. It adds about 1 sec to every click in action to be sure the click registered before I can move on to the next click.

My razor setting was default @ 600MS, I went to 800MS to see if that would make it difference. It did not.
    I will try a higher delay and see if that works.
  4. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Make sure razor is ran in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3, and also being ran as admin mode.

Then ensure this is checked:
    [​IMG]

Clicking to get name of item is not related to the item use delay, so that razor setting mention above wont help with that. There IS a client-side throttle on how fast you can click, and actually a custom click duration required to trigger a "click" that is independent of your windows/mac/whatever click sensitivity. Nothing you can do about that, if that's the case.