Musical Instruments showing durability

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Zagyg, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I realize that currently bard skills are an amalgam of different features that can't be pinned down to one era or publish, but the largest contributor to the current ruleset is Publish 16. And at that time, musical instruments showed their remaining uses/durability in the same way as all other tools that players use (shovels, tinker tools, sewing kits, etc). I'd like to ask that this feature be implemeted as it fits both the Publish 16 rules and the logic of the current game system. I don't believe that this could in any way create an imbalance in the game/class and it's a very minor boon to grant bards, something that many other characters already use.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This would be a good fortune for vendors selling Slayer or GM instruments. Quality can be seen right off and considering once a weapon is IDed or Poisoned, everyone can see that data with a click, this is pretty much right in line with that.

Personally, I'd like that all off, but if it stays, I agree with this idea. :)
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Sure, That is a valid point, I will look into proper ways to resolve this when we start working on proper item naming for the era. If I have time Ill try to get a temporary fix in for this until the larger project is complete.
  4. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Great to hear - thanks Chris!