My Tamer Build

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Shosara, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Hey all,

I am closing in on my 7x GM on my Tamer but as I do so, i am noticing, that my Build doesn't suit me quite as much as i'd like.

I am currently running:

Taming, Lore, Vet
    Magery, Resist
    Music, Disco

(Resist at 90, Taming at 98, rest GM)

Disco is not working out as i would have liked it to. In big events it seems like there is a disco player around anyways so it is just redundant on big mobs, which should be its strength. And on "small" mobs like elder gazers, it is overkill.

Now, currently i am torn between 2 alternatives:

1. switch disco for provo, to have more CC when i go solo stuff, since tanking mobs even shortly before my dragons take over can be quite stressfull.
    2. Switch Musi/Disco for Eval/Medi, dropping my instruments entirely, but turning me into a bit more of a well rounded mage. However, i dont feel like i have to cast when i am making money anyways, so i feel like this might be just as redundant as discord.

Now just to be clear, i want this character to be good at making money most of all, i will play other characters to do cover other parts of the game, so having shosara be ultra versatile is not a must. it is entirely fine for me for him to be pigeonholed as dungeon-machine ;)

Any thoughts on the above or other ideas on what i could do?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

My tamer is a usefull mage but maybe thats him. Maybe you could switch Disco to Peace, which can be very useful I suppose. I was told by a veteran neighbor that I should drop Resist and do Peace instead as that is much more useful, specially if you get corned or why not use it while taming new followers? Peace have saved his arse many many times he claimed and if he had resist instead, he would have been boiled.

WHat would we have than??
    • Magery
    • Eval
    • Music
    • Peace
    • Taming
    • Lore
    • Vet
    Maybe switch eval to resist??
  3. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Does Peacemaking have any effect whatsoever on player characters? Like a mini paralyze or smth? Then i think i could be swayed... ;)
  4. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

afaik, the only effect Peace has on player characters is switching one from War to Peace mode. This, of course, only means anything if you're up against a dexxer, as a mage doesn't need to be in War mode in order to attack.
  5. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Do you know how big the radius is, when i peace myself? i am thinking about the elder gazer rooms, if i go in there and peace myself, would both gazers be peaced or is it just melee range?

Mhh.. either way, it sounds a bit gimmicky to me, i think if i stick with a music skill, it is going to be provo though, as i think provo will be more useful in amibs and tmaps...
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Okay, there's 2 different ways to peace.

If you use peace on yourself, the radius is really wide, I think. It peaces everything around you, BUT it only lasts for an instant. It's only useful for getting out of dire situations where a split second in a break of combat would save your life.

If you use peace on a monster, it only peaces THAT monster, and it lasts about 10 sec or so.
  7. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Mh, so running in there with 2 dragons on follow, and peacing myself to have them lose aggro on me to (hopefully) aggro the dragons might be a nice way to go about things? So far i have been precasting invis, opened the door, ran in with the dragons, and cast invis on me. this is alright i guess but feels a bit wonky sometimes.

Is there anyone around who has this combination of skills and can share some experience? @Lyta @Airin @Dr Satan

PS: one more question regarding discord: I have not yet killed any bosses, like the elder gazer boss (obersever or what is it?) with my tamer, is discord important to have for that? Or do you guys agree that i don't quite need it outside of champions?

Thanks
  8. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, provo tamers are great for making money. I have : tmaing, lore, vet music, provo, magery , meditation. it is great for farming cyclopses and many other places with more mobs. It is also amazing for champs, especially for t3 a t4 . And of course for any champion that spawns support (neira, coon,...)
    Shosara likes this.
  9. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

I'd vote provo!

You would be super helpful when champing and you can solo many other areas. Helpful at titan Valley, even elder gazers ur dragons won't take any damage.

If u find ur self wanting to pvp or fight people go eval.. But if it's for farming do provo!
    crazydaze and Shosara like this.
  10. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Ok, provo it is! Thanks guys for helping out! Gonna start up the macro tonight ;-D
  11. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Dont forget about stats. I run 100/40/85 on my T-mapper Keza Fire. When I need faster vet heals for a boss fight I just bless myself for +11 dex to reach 51 dex.

Heal / Cure a Pet or Player
    ♦ Over 100 Dex = 3 Seconds
    ♦ 81-99 Dex = 3.5 Seconds
    ♦ 51-79 Dex = 4 Seconds
    ♦ 26-50 Dex = 4.5 Seconds
    ♦ Under 25 Dex = 5 Seconds
  12. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Yep thanks @Keza ! I started off with 80/51/94 but i felt like vet wasn't really my bottleneck, so i just went for 100/30/95 which i am sporting right now, lets me stay at the spot a bit longer ;-)

I need eval int GM for bless to increase my stats by 11 don't I? If it increases by 11 with just magery, i might do the same as you!
  13. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Disco tamer is the best gold per hour pretty much, but provo is the most powerful in the areas you can take on, especially champs.

Peace on a tamer has no major place imo. Afaik peace breaks when you anger the beast, and a peace mob will change aggro when it wears off, usually on you while vetting your pets.

With proper macro and hot keys running in a room and sending pets in is no real issue once you learn how aggro works.

I have a provo tamer that leads for me on champs, and I prefer my eval tamer for survivability.

Though some do it I would not recommend doing a disco provo tamer, meditation is just to important if a main char and not a bot.

I would learn to play music/provo/mage/med/lore/tame/vet first and get a handle on it and have to lead your champs if you choose to do them.

In groups with bards I rock eval/resist instead of music provo so I can survive more than 3 spells and be super burst damage if reds come.

One char can't do it all.

If solo farming I would probably do disco instead if you just wanted max gold and item chances but your hunting spots would be quite different to get the most out of your char.
    Althorn likes this.
  14. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Yeah i have not yet started the switch from disco to provo, because of that. could you maybe elaborate bit on what spot would be good for disco and which for provo? For now i have only gone to the elder gazer rooms in shame and feel like disco is overkill on those. is there a spot more boss spawn chance where disco could shine?
  15. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Edit, I'll pm you this msg instead
    Shosara likes this.
  16. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Just as a FYI i am currently running 7x GM

Taming Lore Vet
    Music Disco Provo
    Magery

and am quite happy, the one thing that might get changed after all, is dropping disco in favor of meditation. However, right now i am happy with how things go. I only really miss Medi when doing Harrower/Meteor swarming ^^

When doing treasure Maps though, Madetation might come in handy. I have tried some 1 tmaps on my freshly (almost) completed thunter and the speed at which i would go through them, i did not have enough mana to gate my dragons in and out ^^ with 2 3 4 tmaps this will be slower though so might once again not be an issue. will see!

thanks again for the help
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Pekka likes this.
  17. ElleFeyRa

ElleFeyRa Well-Known Member

I have two provo tamers a a disco tamer... my disco tamer is by far my favorite of the three for individual farming. I also champ with whoever is around which makes my provos indispensable.
    Shosara likes this.
  18. khaleesi1

khaleesi1 Member

what is your disco build? thank you
  19. ElleFeyRa

ElleFeyRa Well-Known Member

Med, Magery, Taming, Animal lore, Vet, Music, and Enticement