My two dexxers after resist event (discussion)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Drave, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Drave

Drave Active Member

Archer/Provo (90/90/45) or (90/100/35) thinking.
    GM Archery/Tactics/Resist/Music/Provo
    80 Anatomy
    64 Magery
    56 Med

He wears leather suit and its able to success with 100% in 4th spell (Heals, Cure, GHeal, Teleport, etc). I shouldn't be hitted too often so I prefered remove Healing and use Magery instead saving room for other skills. Any remarks? I was thinking in drop resist for anohter skill (ohter bard skill Peace/Discord) or maybe Hiding but I dont like to be a glass canon agains spell casters and more with the gap I have between arrows.

How do you see this char for some events or Iron Man?

Swordsmanship/Peacemaker
    100 Str/100 Dex/25 Int

Swordsmanship100
    Tactics100
    Anatomy80
    Healing84
    Musicianship100
    Peacemaking100
    Resist 100
    Magery 36

36 Magery (just for recalls from scrolls with a 100%). I'm wearing Bone Armor, and toe to toe with a katana. What do you think? Would you change Peace for provo or change Resist for disco?

How do you see this char for some events or Iron Man?

I'm not used to play dexxers :S

Discuss please!!!!!!
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  2. Lord Sky

Lord Sky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

GM Anatomy, Tactics, Swordsmanship, Healing, Resist, Musicianship, Provocation

best build for ironmanning. can swap out swords for fencing if that’s what type of slayer you have
  3. Drave

Drave Active Member

It's basically my second char but with Provo instead Peace making. 80/84 Anatomy/Healing would be an option and I could use that char in openworld too?

Its noticeable the loss of Anatomy/Healing?
  4. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

oh man two dexer bards? you want make a band?

If i was you, in your second one i would gm healing( 84 of healing is not good) took out the barding skill and placing something like lumberjack or poisoning....
  5. Drave

Drave Active Member

One is played by me and the other is used by my wife :)
  6. Drave

Drave Active Member

Interesting I always wanted to have a Med warrior template. I only look for some fun and one I saw was with 50 poisoning. 80 Mg/70 Med/50 poisoning.
  7. Lord Sky

Lord Sky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

If you guys are set on two bards, have one of them have GM

Magery
    Meditation
    Musicianship
    Discord

use your dexxer to provo, use the mage to discord mobs and help spot heal the dexxer

or do two dexxers with resist and provo and cross heal each other, but you’ll be pretty limited in what high end mobs you can kill. traveling with a mage is also exponentially easier.

if you want to put forth the time investment, a discord mage tamer and provo mage tamer will be the best duo you can have
  8. Drave

Drave Active Member

I have that duo with a friend (I'm running Disco tamer and he Provo tamer). But its very boring ><
    Lord Sky likes this.
  9. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

ook understood!
    I would try this last idea you told... a katana poisoned with lesses poison or standard poison is really effective against magery MOBS.
    While you poisoning the blade on the go the mob will spend all his spells to cure himself not hitting you.
  10. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The peace dexxer is great at blowing through medium-grade mobs but peace fails to work well on high-tier monsters like balrons. As a duo with peace and provo lots of things are available!

If you feel like peace isn’t your thing, try out discord! It will help with the Provo chars barding successes as well

Swords/tact/anat/heal/music/disco/_____
    Lumberjacking/magery/camping/cooking
  11. Nakor II

Nakor II Member

Reaper,

I have that exact Dexxer/Peace template cept as a Macer.

Some observations:

1. killing mobs is slow as I am the only one doing damage. (vice using provo, which is much quicker as a dexxer) recommend a minimum vanq weapon, but best is slayer. if you are doing AMIBs/Lvl 7 TMaps, make the investment, it would be worth it
    2. crowd control initially is more difficult, and its a slow go as you inch along peacing everything before you wade in...BUT
    3. if you slowly drag mobs away from the group, its actually relatively safe and effective...
    4. I second what Valrick has to say, Peace/dexxer is great for mid level mobs, and actually great group events. high level mobs and bosses is a no go because of barding difficulty. although Balrons are sort of doable with your high resist and the right weapon, and instrument... but the risk of loss due to PK is high
    5. may want to consider a slower weapon with a peacer, as every hit there is a chance for the mob to agro...

all that said, I recommend dropping tactics and med to make room for magery. I have 85 med / 85 tactics / 30 med. as long as you use a +15 weapon, your tactics is 100, and 85 med is fine, because you are peacing them and won't be hit that often
  12. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Second on hammers if you can’t fit in lumberjacking. Para blow is almost useless in pvm (fencing) as well as concussion blow (swords)

Macing has a special ability called crushing blow that does increased damage. Usable with war hammers and I think mauls? Also every mace weapon does stamina damage to enemies. This will slow monsters down after a good few smacks making it easier when peace breaks.

Good tidbit @Nakor II
    Eye Steel and Lord Sky like this.
  13. bwillb

bwillb Active Member

It really should work on mauls, but it doesn't.