My UO install, patched for UoRen... what's wrong w/ this pic

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Lord Daemon, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Lord Daemon

Lord Daemon New Member

2. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Re: My UO install, patched for UoRen... what's wrong w/ this

Hard to tell what they are picture is kindof tiny but if you installed the uor client to a different directory make sure you have razor pointing to where you installed it. If you can't see the screen to point razor to an install make sure you have 'Show welcome screen' checked in the general tab.
  3. Lord Daemon

Lord Daemon New Member

The graphic being used for a unsheered sheep is that of a woodland tunic. This is an armor item added with Mondains Legacy. I was using a UO install of client 7.##, and I only problems I had were the custom house designs being invisible, and the map changes, Magincia in particular. After I copy all the UoRen patch files into the directory, this started happening.
    Now, I still have a Renaissance install disk, client version 2.#, and installed that. Razor can't hook itself tothat client version, so I copied the UoRen files over, and I'm still getting this error.
    I'm thinking that Razor is still using my retail install of the game as a data directory. I'll try pointing Razor to the right folder.
  4. Lord Daemon

Lord Daemon New Member

Ok, now I installed the 5.## client downloaded from UoRen site. The sheep are back to normal, and using the original unsheered sheep graphic. When I was using the 7.## client, the unsheered sheep graphic was a newer graphic given to them. They look much different than the sheered sheep.

I still don't understand why I'm not seeing the trees as stumps, as I see in many SS posted by players.
  5. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

The tree stumps are the result of a "tree hack" where the tree's foliage is replaced by the graphics of a stump. Nothing illegal about it, but it's not going to be on the official download.
  6. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For that you need a modifield art file. If you get those, they should be installed in the UO folder, so just replace the existing ones, no need to replace all the client.
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Looks like someone patched over a 7.x client with our 5.x patch. I would simply do a fresh install of the UOR Client.