myRenaissance Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

On the path to perfecting the Renaissance experience I would be interested to know the opinions of our players regarding additions to the website going forward. The plan at the moment is as follows, but feel free to chime in if you think additional data collection would be beneficial to our players.

myRenaissance Website

Items Under Consideration for Inclusion

• Player Vendors / Advertising
      • Provide the players with the ability to purchase a "advertising contract" from an NPC. This contract would be used on a vendor that you own.
      • You would be able to provide a 100-150 character description of your vendor.
      • This information would be displayed on the uorenassiance.com website per the duration of the contract purchased.
      • Along with the description a link to a page showing a map of your vendors location, information about your vendor, and the house that it is located in would be provided.
      • This advertising would be on every single page of the website. The frequency that the advertising is shown would depend on the amount of advertising purchased on the server as a whole. (randomizer)
      • Utilizing the mapping utility we could also generate a localized map to the vendors location improving the effectiveness of the advertising
        Note: Players will never be asked to pay anything other than gold for vendor advertising.

Completed Projects
    • Character Details
      • House Ownership Details
        Simple information about house ownership could be displayed. Expected functionality would be to display the type of house your character owns if it is set to public. (but not location)
      • Extensive Kill Tracking - Completed
        • Short/Long/Total Kills Completed
        • A link to a complete kill log for this player, detailing such things as faction kill points, who you killed, links to their profile, guild and faction status. Completed
        • Filtered details for various types of kill lists, faction kills, guild kills, non faction kills etc. Completed
          Notes: Other items that could be tracked are monster kills, extensive death details (killed by monsters/players total). Suggestions welcome.
    • General
      • Player Skill Statistics
        Pie chart of the gm skill saturation of the server.
      • Player Stats
        Geographical analysis of our playerbase, handy for event schedule planning
    • Faction Summary
      • Extensive Town Control Details
        Who controls what, what towns are free.
      • Faction Economy, Rankings, Silver Stats, Player Rolls
        If possible we will provide detailed rank information for each faction.
        Faction Status
    • Pending Additions - Faction Details (Per Faction)
      • Current Town Control
        Displayed via a graphical interface if possible, details available on each town (each town will have a page)
      • Player Stats
        Current faction rankings, kill ladders, faction roles.
        True Brits ~ ShadowLords ~ Council of Mages ~ Minax
    • Interactive Map
      • Shows a live picture of the houses currently placed on the Renaissance Shard
      • Can be used to provide easy access to event locations.
      • Handy for players without UOAM
        UO Renaissance World Map
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

So does this mean every town will be owned by a faction??? If i remember correctly the faction could set their own

vendors and control prices of things in that town, will this be true in all the cities?

As a non pvper, I would hate to recall to a town and find a faction war going on for control of that town, lol I might

end up collateral damage. Or will some cities be off limits for faction control??

3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Faction control of towns should have minimal affect on players not affiliated with factions. We are reviewing aspects such as tax rate control, guards and vendors and will research each aspect extensively to make sure they are directed towards faction members only.

Once we get close to a decision, and implementation of factions a complete rundown will be posted for player review and testing.
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

thanks so much. :}
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Some projects completed, some new projects added for player review.
  6. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

First of all, all I can say is: WOW-WEE!!! :D This is awesome.
    I like all the items thus far, however, I would like to controll which items are displayed to the public. I will have
    one or two characters whose stat and skill sets I'd prefer not be displayed. Thus, I pose the following questions:

I. Does Player refer to all character's in that Player's account?

II. Would the Player's General information be an All or None (either you Opt in or you Opt out) issue, or would the Player be able to select which information points about him/her is displayed to the public?

III. Would the Player's Character Details be an All or None (either you Opt in or you Opt out) issue, or would the Player be able to select which information points about his/her Character(s) is/are displayed to the public?

Before closing, I just want to say thank you to the development team. You guys are obviously putting a lot of
    carefull thought and work into this project. Thanks again for allowing us, the general population of Sosaria, to
    inhabit and enjoy this land.
    HUZZAH!!!
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

You can toggle the information displayed on the my.uorenaissance.com pages by using the ingame command [publicchar to make your character information public, and [privatechar to make your characters information private.

However some information is displayed regardless of this setting, however we are still finishing the design of the player information pages. Things such as achievements, kill history and faction stats will always be shown. However skills and stats are kept private until you decide to make them public.
  8. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So you will work on a kill count list for factions not just kill points?
  9. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

Would be nice to see all my chars per account on one screen or list.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yes, this is current on our design specs to show collected information on each faction page about that factions kills/loses each day.

Since the faction code in game is also somewhat limited, we are using an external application to analyze the deaths and apply a modifier to the points applied to account for such situations as kill farming, kills linked by related accounts, and repeated kills.

Duffrey, Yes we plan to add this feature, but we will need to link the characters to your forum account, to add a level of privacy. So you will only be able to see your collected character dashboard if you have registered your ingame account and linked it to your forum account.
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Updated completed tasks.

Player vs Monster Profile Statistics is almost complete. Player vendor advertising should be ready in January.