Need help about the ping

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by ExMachina, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ExMachina

ExMachina Member

I followed the gudie about the ping and don't know what should ı do right now. Sometimes ping was terrible that cant move.
    upload_2019-11-13_20-20-53.png
  2. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Hey, where are you from?

You could try ping www.uorenaissance.com and see if you are dropping packets, the login is blocked to ping directly on purpose.

If you are missing packets ping directly your gateway or ISP webpage, maybe it is a local issue, hopefully you can narrow down it. Are you accessing internet by wifi or wire? always wire is better, more stable.
  3. ExMachina

ExMachina Member

Connecting from Turkey/İstanbul and usigin wirelees. Sometimes my sister and mom are using the internet also, that's normal - ping. But mostly and also terb. comes at night. couldnt move and almost dying caouse of an ostard.

Btw very thankful to ur reply
  4. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

ohh well, I'm playing from Argentina so I've high ping too, the biggest issue is dropping packets, UO is really connection dependant, if you drop packets you won't be able to move at all and will get out of sync.

If you have your mom/sister downloading or watching netflix the connection may be affected and that could be the issue, try to test being you the only one making use of the connection and see what happens. Keep a cmd window with ping www.uorenaissance.com -t and watch the ping.
  5. ExMachina

ExMachina Member

i will try it at night, so if the ping is high, what should ı do? what is the solition for dropping packets?
  6. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Well if you are dropping packets it is because your internet conection is bad or it is too busy with other applications downloading/uploading. Trry freeing up some bandwidth, if presist maybe the issue could be the ISP.

Ping is high because the distance to the server, there is not much you can do to lower it down, just get used to it.