Need help with Razor please.

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Jester1, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Jester1

Jester1 Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I have been using Razor for over 3-years now, and haven't had this issue until recently.

When I make a macro that relies on a sysmsg command, the macro doesn't seem to see the sysmsg.

upload_2017-12-1_10-18-56.png

The macro is above. It used to detect when "there is no wood here to harvest" and would then make boards. It would also detect if my Axe broke. Neither system message detects anymore.
    I tried updating to the newest version for Razor. This hasn't corrected the issue.
    I have read several help guides to fix this, and none of the standard "fixes" seem to have worked.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

To combat unattended resource gathering some of the system messages are no longer recognized by razor. I'm not sure exactly which ones but I think that may be what's causing your problem. You could replace the 'if sysmessage "harvest"' with 'if weight.' You could also replace the 'if sysmessage "axe"' with 'if right hand empty.' If you do that you might replace the stop with 'drag item by type' to equip another hatchet you have in your pack or an arm/dress if you wanted a specific item. That'll keep going.
    BlackEye likes this.
  3. Jester1

Jester1 Active Member

I tried that, but it seems that none of the System messages are being seen. Even those which would have nothing to do with Resource gathering.
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Some ressource sysmsg indeed have been disabled, especially the ones for LJ.

Assuming that this isnt the problem, it's the fault of your macro. I am not 100% sure about its desired intention, but my guess is 1) you want to add an appropriate delay after line 3, and 2) change the first line so that there is no absolute target, and 3) move all the if conditions up and the first 3 lines down.
  5. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my previous post and understand that speaking of razor macros in plain English is cumbersome, at best. I'm not suggesting what I think might work. I'm telling you what does work. None of my suggestions rely on any system messages.

In case I'm misunderstanding you let me tell you what I think a lumberjacking macro should do. It should repeatedly chop trees, cut logs into boards and keep a hatchet in your hand so you can keep going. There are a variety of ways to correctly achieve such a thing. I respectfully encourage you to try something such as this:

If L-Hand empty (this is an "if conditional" statement not requiring a sysmessage)
    Lift hatchet
    Equip to left hand (just lift up a hatchet and drop it on the paperdoll while recording)
    Else
    Use Item in hand (this is a razor function, you may already have a hotkey set)
    Wait (don't forget to reset the timeout. 1 second works)
    Target relative location (click a tree next you and change it from 'absolute target' by right clicking and using the drop down menu once you've stopped recording)
    Pause (3 seconds is good)
    If Weight >= whatever weight you choose (this is another "if conditional" statement not requiring a sysmessage)
    Use Item in hand
    Wait (don't forget to reset the timeout)
    Target logs by type (modify this by right clicking and using the menu)

No system messages are required, no "end ifs" are required, no nested macros are required. This is effective and efficient and is no more lines than what you've been attempting already. You need only move between trees and ensure that you aren't carrying something other than an axe when you start. Carry an extra hatchet or two and the only thing that will slow you down is whatever you're doing with the massive amounts of boards you're producing. Drop em on a pack horse, drag em along behind you or just leave them.

I understand if the level of detail I've used to describe this sounds condescending to someone with years of experience using razor. I apologize and assure you that is not my intent. It seems I failed to accurately express what I was talking about the first time and am concerned that someone less knowledgeable may read my advice followed by your statement and think I was "guessing" at something that "might" work and have been proved wrong. This does work and here's a detailed description. There are other ways to do this. In fact, it doesn't even matter what order the three parts of the macro are in.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  6. Jester1

Jester1 Active Member

Hi Godric,

I understood what you meant, and it is pretty much how I am currently running the macro.
    I also deeply appreciate the amount of time you put into answering my question, seriously.

I just sometimes get frustrated when programs don't behave the way they are supposed to, and wanted to insure it wasn't something I was doing wrong. I have a pretty good understanding of macro's for the most part. I was pretty heavy into EasyUO back in the day, and wrote tons of very complex scripts during that time.

With that said, I still learning razor, and wanted to make sure is wasn't some quirk of the program I was not familiar with, or a simple fix I may have been overlooking.

I am a much more leisure player these days, and just want a good smooth macro I can use within the guidelines allowed on the server.
    All of my resource gathering is done "attended", so I don't need anything too complicated to try and get over.

It's funny that this thing works sometimes, and other times it wont. If I use it on the Second Age server, it works fine, but glitches here. I thought it was perhaps because this is a newer release of the client then is used there.

Example: for fun, I put in an "if" which said "if sysmsg: "metal" say HELLO

I put in the "end if" as required, and ran the macro while mining. It will sometimes say "HELLO" when their is no system message. Other times when the system says "no metal here to mine" it says nothing. Just seems very quirky.

All I really want it to do is stop trying to mine when there is no more metal, so stop chopping when their is no more wood. If it wont "stop current macro" could it at least say "HELLO" so I easily see it's time to move on instead of needing to watch hundreds of lines of system message until it says "no metal to mine.

Anyway, I know I have rambled. Thanks again for your assist. I'll just keep plugging until I figure it out.
  7. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was a recent sysmessage change on the server, so some macros mentioned on this forum stopped working. Part of them can be fixed by rewriting conditional checks without using sysmessages.

An easy way to check if a message you see is a sysmessage: sysmessages must appear on the left (where "You must wait to perform another action" is shown). All other messages can't be checked via "if sysmessage" construct.