Need your ideas

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by merlin8666, Aug 23, 2017.

1. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Hi UOR,

I've been here now for 5 months and made my first million, money which i plan to use for an event.

I would like your ideas on how i could use the cash to host/ support an event that helps new players out (i.e. not those with keeps/millions in bank). I want something fun, something that encourages new players to venture out and get to know the lands of Britania.

I want to use the whole million either as distributed price money or as a means to pay for a free event. Can you please leave your suggestions here?
    Orion GM BD, Hawkeye, ReZon and 3 others like this.
  2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Well done on making that first mil, and kudos to you for wanting to put it back into play to encourage and help others. That's a G Move.

I had a think about this and I've come up with an idea that I think will get new players out and about.

A bounty hunt contest.

Declare war on NPC Murderers, pirates & evil mages.

Have a 24 hour contest for who can collect the most heads in a bag(s)

Have a 1st place prize of 500'000gp
    2nd place prize of 300'000gp
    And a 3rd place prize of 200'000gp

Maybe see if you can make it an actual event with trophys or special sash or something.

To make it so that it benefits primarily new players you could ask for verification photos to show the account age in the paperdoll scroll and maybe - so not to eliminate other players have it so that if your account is, say over 50 days old, each extra day you've played equates to MINUS one head.

That way the older your account/more experienced you are the harder you'll have to work.

It's early in the morning for me right now and I've yet to have a red bull and a cigarette so I may not be firing on all cylinders but that's what I've got so far!
    Orion GM BD, Hawkeye and Spankrox like this.
  3. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

That's a decent idea Sheepdog. Though i am thinking of having 10 prizes instead of 3 - so a 100k reward for x amount of heads.

Can players take heads of NPC mages?
  4. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For scheduling an event, check with @Pekka to make sure it does not clash with a guild event!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  5. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, great idea to do this, and very generous of you!

If you do decide to go with collecting npc heads, I suggest you make it a group hunt and not allow tamers with dragons and mares so that dexxers/bards/mages have a chance to compete. Maybe just allow single slot tames or something like that.
    You could do 4 or 5 of these hunts, and count the overall score. Maybe recall between several spots when you run out of mobs.
    This way it would be more fair and people would have more fun as a hunting party.

(Not my idea,have seen this done with orc fort and collecting their shoes and candles )
    Sheepdog likes this.
  6. Sheepdog

I believe so, although now that you've asked I'm questioning myself hah!

I think they display as just "a head" or "a severed head"

You gotta have a first place prize man! Something to acknowledge the player who does the most work.

Otherwise it's like getting a participation medal.
    On one of my kids sports days at school they eliminated the first second and third place medals in the running race, all runners got a participation medal. All the kids are lined up on the starting block, "on my marks, 3 2 1 GO!" All the kids start sprinting and my Son starts walking, everyone's shouting at him to run and he's just walking. He crosses the line last and gets his medal, comes over to me and said "I didn't want to get sweaty" In my head that makes him the winner.

Just my two cents!
    Spankrox and Airin like this.
  7. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

You could also split it into 3 events, I mean even a 30-50k reward is great money for new players and this way more people would get the chance to participate.
    Sheepdog likes this.
  8. Sheepdog

This is very true.

Scavenger hunts are always fun, perhaps have a red or perma grey character with just greater heal & greater cure pots, bandied and trapped boxes somewhere in sosarria, give out clues, have a 20k check in a bag.

Gets new players into some PVP action too.

Or ask one of the shards decent PVP'ers to flag grey and see how long they can last/how many players they can defeat within a 30 minute window, cover their disposable costs.
  9. elite-

elite- New Member

I've heard the PK "Drigo" is particularly good, would be great if there was a £1m prize next time he gets killed by a noob.
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Find a competent new player. Using your social skills, interact with said player.
    Show the new player around and teach them how to make their first million gold.

G'luck
    Azerothian, Zyler and jumpman like this.
  11. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Crafting contests always sound interesting to me. Players start with a certain amount of materials and a list of exceptional items to make - the player who completes or comes closest to completing wins.

This could be done in rounds as well if there were a lot of interested crafters out there - a bracket system could be used.

Something like this had been done in the past, but it's been a while and I imagine it would have a decent turnout.
    wylwrk, Azerothian, jumpman and 2 others like this.
  12. Khar'Mash

Khar'Mash Member

How about hosting a PvP tournament on top of someones tower?

It all happens in one location and can therefore easily be streamed.

If you went this route I'd suggest the following rules:

No mounts
    Storebought equipment only (weapons, armor, pots & pets)

Maybe different divisions for varying account ages.
  13. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Here's an idea I had in the past that I never followed through with, but I hope someone else will like it and implement it themselves. A Large tower gauntlet event!

Setup - Design: First, you lock down containers throughout the roof of the tower, put basic supplies in each container randomly... store bought equipment, spell scrolls (to control which spells can be used), bandages, potions, etc. Start out with crappy stuff - daggers for fencing, knives for swords, low level scrolls for magery, some crappy leather armor pieces strewn about.

You'd design each level of the floor by locking down boxes to control movement, so they have to attempt to get some better gear which will be found on lower levels of the tower in various containers. To make things more interesting, you'll need a tamer to tame and release certain spawn cordoned throughout the tower. upper level will have weak non magic spawn that can be dragged up there, next level might have a magic creature like hell hound that can cast some projectile spells, maybe a scorpion here and there. make it to where trying to brute forceing your way down the tower without supplies would be suicide. LOwer level floors could have a dragon or drake released. Design it such a way that they MUST navigate the maze of boxes/tables and scrounge for better gear, work together (for a while even), or kill each other for the gear. The winner will be determined by who is able to make it out the front door first! Again, you'll want to make the maze very curvy and dangerous by parking certain spawn in strategic places.

To start the game, you'd have to have them enter as ghosts, search them (no one can use anything other than stuff they scavenge. When time to start, they try to find the gear in various locked down containers, kind of like Night of Horrors feel. I think it would be a big hit, if someone would take the initiative and make it happen! :)
    Aragorn - OCT and Holden like this.