New Adventuring Guild

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Messenger, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Messenger

Messenger New Member

Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening

I am starting an adventuring guild, nothing big. It is going to resemble a Dungeons and Dragons style party. All skills accepted but you must be able to fare in combat. We are going to play as a Neutral alignment guild, you must roleplay.

Currently looking for any skill base as long as its approved. We have no real need for a pure mule. But you can mix things up a great suggestion which is very well needed is a swords,lumber, carpenter style character. Magery, bards, stealth, lockpicking, are all needed.

We do have a thief, a somewhat hybrid character and a fencer/archer right now.

What we may be doing, lots of traveling across the map we will move somewhat like nomads claiming the land and guard post and working the area we are currently in. If there is a dungeon nearby or an active settlement near by we will hunt there. We are completely neutral taking no sides towards good nor evil, only operating in ways that benefit solely us.

You can contact me here on the forum or via IRC as Ramah
  2. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

This sounds like a fun idea - I really like the idea of having just a small group, each person having a sort of specific role (the thief, the warrior, the wizard, etc...)

I wish you the best of luck with it and hopefully we will get to meet you in in-game sometime soon!
    Messenger likes this.
  3. Messenger

Messenger New Member

*Update*

Creativity is encouraged as well.
    A creative example could be:
    - maxing your skills at 80 to allow for more skills or just a couple at 100
    - using potions as an only way to heal to offer more room for other skills
    - make a druid, only using certain druid like spells (magery at 80 can still cast all spells with scrolls)
    - using dark nights setting (scrolls and potions can be used, use torch's etc.)
    - create a true treasure hunter (capping some skills at 80 offers a wider range of skills and more diverse)

The idea is to depend on others in the guild and creating a close group project such as a DnD campaign would go.

Any questions please ask
    Dorian Andrael and Jittery Sauce like this.
  4. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Very neat. Please contact me or P'S members if you want some outside help on your travels. We will be more than willing to tag along and abide by your ruleset.
    Messenger likes this.
  5. Messenger

Messenger New Member

*Update*

Things are still going good for a start. I've gotten some hits and a couple joining the stone.

Looking for a few things:
    - Well talented mage
    - Bard
    - Druid or Cleric character
    - Tamer: at least one good enough to train stronger animals (dire wolfs, grisly bears, etc.)
    - Rogue/Scout (example: hiding, stealth, lockpicking, archery, tact, anat, heal) Really any character with lockpicking
    - Battle ready treasure hunter
    - Mixed character combative with a crafting skills (carpentry, tailoring, fishing etc.)
    - Other: all characters welcome except pure mules (character with majority crafting skills and not battle ready)

As of now we roam the roads claiming no area as our own, we often believe no one has the right to any land. All gold is always split when we hunt, items are claim first by those the item would benefit the most to. There are no set uniforms but to keep a high RP profile only neutral based colors or earth tones (grey's, greens, browns). You will never be forced to wear the guild tag, solely based on your personal preference. If you would like to wear one the title can be negotiated. As of right now I'm leaning more towards class titles (warrior, ranger, wizard, sorcerer, druid, rogue, etc.), other titles may be accepted.

Any questions, concerns or overall any input at all please contact me via forum or IRC: Ramah
    Lord Krake and PaddyOBrien like this.