Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by One, Sep 23, 2015.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Erlkonig likes this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Interesting thread.
    Let us pretend for a moment, that none of the above would take tons of coding; skimming it down to the bare concepts.
    In the very early days of OSI UO, there were such a thing as assassins, they could actually kill in town with knowledge, I believe, of the Seers.
    So the idea of an assassins guild is appealing to me. I do like the idea of a bounty scroll. But let's consider this. Would the death robe have to be given to the Assassins Guild's GM by the victim, or could another turn in the death robe of the victim?
    There would have to be strict limitations on what the Assassins Guild could and could not do. This would prevent one player from hiring the Assassins guild to continue assassinate a certain player based on personality conflicts. Thus avoiding "harassment"

As far as stat loss, I believe there should be stat loss, after all, when a person is murdered, they lose fame. which is important to some players who wish high titles, it takes time to regain the fame lost. Just as it takes time to regain.

my two cents worth.

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on IRC
  3. One

One Well-Known Member

4. Ragar

Ragar Active Member

I like the concept but in my opinion hunting murderers shouldn't be so easy that even the lazy can do it. The gate opening to their location seems like too much. Murderers dont get scrolls to locate and slaughter farmers..they have to find them. It seems to me that if a blue guild wanted to find reds they could find them by expending a similar amount of energy that the murderers do.

My theory on why that doesnt happen is that most blues hate wasting time that could otherwisw be spent farming.
    Mindless and newme like this.
  5. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I agree with Ragar on this. Those who know me, know I don't pvp, dislike it actually. This being said, we all chose to play on a server where pvp/pkers are allowed. I think the "bounty system" as you purpose is too over balanced. It could even deter players from joining our server.

Perhaps if a concept that would balance so that murders had equal advantages, would be more acceptable.

The coding is a hugh factor, remember our staff are all volunteers, who donate their time away from real.

I do like the idea of a assassins guild, but it's powers would have to be balanced.

Also keep in mind, there are different reasons for "pking" Some simply go after the "blue scouts or alts for/of reds" while others just simply like to pk.

It's always great to see fresh ideas. Perhaps at some point some or part of what you suggest would/could be implemented.

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on IRC
  6. One

One Well-Known Member