New Cavern Discovered by the Ocllo Miners Guild

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

On we toil, ever digging away at the terra for more value to bring to the surface. Lo, and behold, we seem to have come upon an ancient cavern long lost to the hands of mankind.

After a brief scouting, it would seem wildly unfit for our business....but perhaps some bold of spirit and skilled in combat might think it a challenging place..

Our scout barely managed to return with such descriptions as you see here...

A battered journal By Thomas Whaley

Quarry Log: Day 478
    On we toiled, ever digging. Layer after layer of terra was hefted and sifted - ever in pursuit of more valuables to bring to the surface. Lo, and behold, our teams uncovered a passage to an ancient cavern. The air that escaped was terribly dank and left no doubt the cave as filled with dangers and treasures!

(Click to Enlarge)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Expedition Log: Day 1
    What cowards! They all fled! After a brief scouting, it was clear this place is wildly unfit for our business of resources.... but I’m compelled to explore further. I shall find someone bold of spirit and skilled in combat to delve into this baffling fissure..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Expedition Log: Day 10
    We cannot go back now, the way is blocked by terrible creatures; even the rats in this cavern seem enhanced. Theograd and I managed to find some respite in this abandoned cell. How ironic these prison bars are all that stand between me and captivity. Alas, we can’t remain here forever. On the morrow we will head past the ankh and try to sneak passed the terrible floating heads. They seem to be guarding a dock that gives birth to some ungodly vessel…

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Expedition Day 21
    … water. It’s the only gem I can think of now.. two days since our rations were pilfered by a wild man … we gave chase, but Theograd fell to the hands of ogres, his sputtering screams still echo in my brain. I dared not follow the man into the foreboding chamber where gruesome axes stained with blood hung suspended above entrance…

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Expedition Day 24
    … a man can be driven to extremes when faced with death… compelled by thirst I took a drought from the lake.. I can only guess what impurities were introduced into my system, but it gave me the strength to continue on. Though now I wonder if I should have surrendered to the extremes of thirst; my hopes of escaped were dashed as the bridge that I thought would lead me over the canal was blocked by ratmen. The bridge is in dreadful state of disrepair; I fear that even if I made it passed blockade I’d only fall into the canal and be swept away… there is a strange draft coming from the other room, I’ll think I’ll follow it and see if there is some other way out..

[​IMG]

Thanks for Markos, Avery, Jupiter, & Blaise for their contributions in decorating and chronicling the new player dungeon
    Wise, Avery, Markos and 1 other person like this.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Re: Grand Opening - Ocllo Caverns

Love the new sig pic!

Also great addition.
  3. Walisin

Walisin Member

Re: Grand Opening - Ocllo Caverns

If you noticed it, he musta dunnit wrong.. >.>
  4. newme

newme Well-Known Member

very, very nice.....sounds like a fun and exciting adventure for new players.

as always, thanks for the great work
  5. Elf

Elf New Member

I found smaug!