New character looking for Roleplaying guild.

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Shazney, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Shazney

Shazney New Member

Greetings!

So i've been hovering these boards for a while and i've also been busy creating characters. It has been a while since ive played this era of ultima and ive been getting to grips with what character i wanted to build for my main. In saying that my main is always a roleplayer. I've played in roleplaying guilds such as [DAR] Deciples of Darkness [YEW] Yew Militia [UND] Undead.

This time ive gone for a completely different character that i usually would have. My idea was to have a warrior priest i.e warrior priest of sigmar from the warhammer universe. They weild a warhammer or a hammer and shield and spit out blessing and heals etc... but then i also wanted to make use of GM magery and eval so i think ive decided on making a kind of evil cleric.

This is my build :

Macing
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Magery
    Eval
    Meditation
    Resisting Spells

str 100
    int 100
    dex 25

All of the above will be at GM because then i have full use of all spells and still deal a lot of damage with my warhammer. I really wanted to do the warrior priest thing but i felt it a waste only being able to use some spells... If anyone wants to help with a similar template im all ears...

Anyway, what i wanted to put out there is, im looking for a roleplaying guild. Not only that but the guild in question must be very active and must actually war with other guilds. Im not into roleplaying the pansy way i.e not actually involving pvp. I used to love going on raids with the yew militia to the orc fort where actual player orcs would fight us and not just the Ai.

So if theres anyone out there with a good active guild to join let me know. Currently im in Occlo because its much easier to train a new char there. Character name is Lector.

See you in-game!
  2. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with the above template, it's what most would call a "tank mage" (at least a UO:R one). You won't be outputting a ton of damage with the mace, with such low dex though. Another alternative could be a sort of med-macer:

Mace Fighting
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Resisting Spells
    Magery
    Meditation

Stats something like 95str 90dex 40int

The guild you are looking for is unquestionably "the village of PAWS" [VoP], which you can get in contact with by messaging Jupiter in IRC (click here).
  3. Shazney

Shazney New Member

Well then would my initial idea work? Being a warrior priest. Focusing on more buffing and healing skills. Maybe some summons or something? Im trying to figure out if its plausible and how much magery eval med i would need so then i could possibly add more skills ( parry or healing or something ) also id like to wear plate and chain because thats what the warrior priests wore. check them out. I neeeeds halp lol
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My only suggestion, and one I try to give any time I can is:

High INT and Plate/chain armor DO NOT mix. Not only is the mana regen rate BRUTAL, you also suffer a HUGE hit on DEX, plus you absolutely can't meditate through it. So if you're intent on wearing plate/chain, then have low INT. If you have low INT, then might as well drop some points off Magery, since you won't be able to cast 7th-8th circle spells since you won't have the mana pool for it.

Sooooo...either drop the armor, or seriously consider redoing the template.
  5. Shazney

Shazney New Member

Ok taking that into consideration.

How would a warrior priest function? Would it be viable in roleplaying and roleplay pvp (group pvm group pvp) Plate and chain mail and healing buffing spells. Would it be worth it? Would it even be good? What skill levels should i pick? Confused.com
  6. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

If you must wear plate, you won't have usable magery beyond like 2 healing spells every <long period of time>. But you can still do it. Almost everyone has magery anyway, even Dexers. So you could do something more Dexer-like,

Mace Fighting
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Resisting Spells
    Magery
    100 other points that aren't meditation (since you want plate armor).

parry maybe? You can still do meditation, and it will slightly help mana regeneration, but it's not worth it at all.

You should start with 50 magery and 50 healing probably.
  7. Shazney

Shazney New Member

hmmm maybe i was a bit too ambitious with that one....

I do have another char called Narg, hes a fencer with a dislike to people. He hides in the shadows and pokes yer eyes out with his spear. Id really like him to join and undead guild if there is one around. Thanks for the template advice but maybe i was just being too silly with that one.
  8. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I actually liked the idea of a platemail cleric from a role play stand point. The reduced mana regen would be a nice control to give the cleric a two or three heal max after which he would have to engage with the hammer.

I am by no means an expert role player. If I were to be brutally honest, I am at best a hybrid breed of rp. I keep my lol's, kk's, and brb's to a minimum and I focus more on adventure than on losing crap.

The problem with rp pvp is that many rper's want a "controlled" setting. There are very few evil/chaos rp guilds of the same caliber as the Urks and shadow clan. While I am extremely proud and grateful for all of our villagers, we only scratch the surface of rp. I must admit the challenge of running a good aligned guild is the fact that you're rp'ing an intelligent class which means it's really easy to fall out of character and it is very easy to fall into the cliche of just another monster Hunter.

So with that challenge in mind I humbly submit paws as one of the best solutions for the good aligned class.

I would gladly enter war with an evil guild of the same caliber as urks but they would have to demonstrate by actions and history. I tried to enter into a war with another pirate guild on uosa but that didn't pan out because they were all just 7x mages in pirate clothes that yelled "argh". Again I don't favour controlled rp battles but I also don't like leading rp classes into battle against pretended rp class where the only outcome is complete slaughter.

I really like how the orcs controlled their power by only allowing a few majoka and thus not turning every battle into an in nox corp por extravaganza.

The human class could do the same with pate mail wearing clerics.

In short I look forward to meeting you shanz.
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Oh also I have heard rumors of the banner of the jolly Roger will be raised soon. I am looking forward to see if they turn out to be real pirates or mages in pirates clothing.