New Fisherman Question

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Allen, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Allen

Allen New Member

I decided to try fishing as I have never done this. I took my item ID character and raised fishing on the dock to almost 100. I took my fisherman and a mage/treasure hunter character out fishing. I got some serpents, so far so good, then I decided to throw a special fishing net I got. It brought up a kracken and two sea serpents, they kicked my ass.

So I was thinking maybe I should train the fisherman for peacemaking and provoking? Also something I have never done. Is what I pulled with the net typical? Should I back the boat up after I throw the net so the MOBs start out at a little distance and not all in agro range?

Are MIBs like T maps? Do you pull MOBs as you loot the chests?

Thanks,
    Allen
  2. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

3. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Naw, just need more power!

Use 2-3 chars, stay on the healing game to overcome the painful firebreath, and blast the beasts with ebolts or arrows. Can also bring on a tamer with dragons to absorb any damage and dish it out. Don't be adjacent to the boats edge, no need to take any melee damage.

When fishing up MIBs theres no spawn
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Here's what I used to use. Honestly, the tripling of provocation is overkill but when a loch lake spawns I don't want to deal with fails.
    I usually didn't bother with provos and stuck with discords to save time.

Anatomy/heal and pile on a tile will be an easier option and see you through tons of mileage.

You could easily use the same fishing crew for nets but frankly, not much beats a tamer if time is a factor for you.

For fishing
    upload_2018-10-20_11-14-16.png

for nets

upload_2018-10-20_11-15-16.png
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Baler likes this.
  5. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Allen take a look at my signature
    Elf likes this.