New guy questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ian Nelson, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Ian Nelson

Ian Nelson New Member

Greetings all!

My brother and I are new to Renaissance. Played back in the day when UO first came out and nothing in my opinion has come close since. I have a couple questions as a new guy to the shard.

1. We can have 3 accounts per IP address. I have 3, but I am wondering if I log into my brother's account from my computer will that cause an issue? I would do this to help him level since he can't play as much as me or to just loot his bank account :) Just kidding I would never do that to my brother!

2. What is the housing situation. Is there any room left?

Thanks,
    Ian Nelson
    Xegugg likes this.
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

1) only @Chris aka Telamon can really say for sure. You want to talk to him before he sees more accounts anyway

2) plenty of room. Tower spots are getting rare, but anything smaller should be pretty easy
  3. Ian Nelson

Ian Nelson New Member

Thank you very much. I am a forum noob as well. How would I get a hold of Telamon? @Chris
  4. Treasureman

Treasureman Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The way I understand it, we are allowed to grant access to more than 3 accounts in this situation, but ultimately, the boss man has to approve it. As for sharing accounts, even in this situation, I think that it is not allowed or recommended. The end-game on this is to promote fairness to you and your brother (allowing you both to have 3 accounts each), but your accounts are yours and his accounts are his (so that one of the two could not use their 3 accounts plus their relatives accounts at the same time) to give them an unfair advantage, because that is explicitly frowned upon. This is why the approval must come from him, because the subject is very touchy.

I will consult Telamon on the matter and update you through pm.

-Treasureman
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

1. In the situation of a multi player household the normal rules apply. You are only allowed to use your own 3 accounts. Even if it is a family member or someone else in the house. If a player violates the 3 account rule and is found to be using accounts other than his own this player/IP can be reduced to 3 random accounts to bring them in line with the 3 account rule. While we do make allowances for these situations we are very clear that the account information must not be shared, even if you live in the same house. If it is a family member, and you would like some of their items, just ask them to log in and give them to you. Using someone elses accounts will always carry the risk of losing access to your own accounts.

2. The server is almost 5 years old and there are roughly 2500 placed houses. At the moment there is plenty of room for the smaller Renaissance era houses if you take the time to look. (Villa, Sandstone, Log Cabin). Large houses will require buying one from a player or spending a bit of time playing land acquisition.

You can check out our interactive map and see the housing situation for yourself.