New here. A few questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Logan, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Logan

Logan New Member

Hey could someone help me out with a few questions?

1) Can you macro eval int and other "lore" skills actively? I wasn't getting any gains with eval at only like 60%.

2) Do I have to rotate targets when actively leveling those lore skills or can I gm eval targeting the same person over and over?

3) I was going to make a faction thief. I've been trying to level stealing using a pack horse but it doesn't seem to be working. The pack responds when I tell it to guard me but I still get guard whacked. What do I need to do?

4) Despite having 50 stealing I was only stealing one bottle at a time (when I wasn't getting guard whacked) and not getting gains. Is there a problem with the stealing formula here with stacks of items? Do I have to steal only 1 item which weighs the correct weight?

Random note: Lore and Knowledge skills didn't have a 10 second delay after actively using the skills. There was no delay for those skills. Well, I'm not sure about Forensic Eval but the others for sure didn't.
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

1) Not quite sure what you mean by actively macroing, but yes, you can get Eval Int gains via Razor. Are you sure you aren't at the 700 skill cap? If you are, you will not gain points (as something else will have to go down to make room).
    2) Same target over and over works for the lore skills.
    3) Go somewhere more secluded. The pack horse can't call guards, so just don't be around NPCs. You also don't need a pack horse, you can steal from a container on the ground, even. As an added bonus, this isn't viewed as a crime since a blue target doesn't 'own' that container on the ground. Also a container on the ground doesn't get the crazy eyes and then wonder off after a couple hours.
    4) Stealing is difficulty based for skill gain. You should be able to GM by stealing stacks, but it is very slow. This is because when you steal from a stack, you are getting a random amount, and 1 stone is trivial after a certain point. A faster way is to put X bottles in a bag, and then attempt to steal the bag. This way, you're dealing with a fixed weight appropriate to your skill. Increase the amount of bottles in the bag as your skill goes up.

Re: Random Note: Really? The only lore skill I use on a regular basis is Animal Lore, but that one is definitely on the 10 second delay.
    Logan likes this.
  3. Basoosh

Oh, from reading your post in the bug forums, you were saying that Lore and Knowledge skills didn't have a 10 second delay on OSI. I thought you meant here.

That said, looks like the skill delay was reduced near the Renaissance era on OSI (copied from a post I found while googling):

4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, they reduced the cooldown to 1 second around the time they implemented the anti-macro code (which ensured you couldn't target the same thing over and over for gains).

I don't think there was ever a time in UO where you had 1-second cooldown, AND could macro for gains on the same target, on the same tile over and over. It was either one or the other.
    Basoosh likes this.
  5. Logan

Logan New Member

Thanks man.
  6. Logan

Logan New Member

Couple more questions.

1) Is there an [opendoor command here that works well? I've always had trouble with razor making a good macro for opening all doors. If anyone has any advice I'd be happy to listen.

2) Today I was trying to farm the pirate farm SW of Occlo but two of the pirates were locked up in a small house with someone macroing barding or something. Well I wanted to get them back into my spawn rotation so I tried to kill them. I could EQ their life down but when I tried to MS to Chain Lightning them it would only do like 1 dmg. I couldn't figure out how to kill them. Field spells wouldn't go through the walls either. So what's the deal with the AOE dmg spells here.
  7. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

under the "more options" tab in razor there is a box to check that says "Automatically open doors"
  8. Logan

Logan New Member

There was some reason I didn't like using that... it's been so long I can't remember though. It doesn't seem to cancel spells so I'm not sure.
  9. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. Basoosh

Meteor Swarm and Chain Lightning are currently doing 1 damage to PCs in player houses. I believe it is a temporary workaround due to a line of sight issue in RunUO that Razor can exploit to house-kill people even when they are in 'safe areas' of their house. This functionality also allows for resist parties, so the majority of players don't mind.

But yea, keep EQing and you should kill the pirates off.