New Player Questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kijimea, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Kijimea

Kijimea New Member

Hey all, first of i hope i am writing in the correct forum.

I played Ultima Online from 2000 to 2003 or something, i dont even remember... It was the best time i ever had in Gaming. I played so many games, also MMOs like WoW for another 10 years and tried others as well, EvE Online etc. but the experience i had with Ultima Online was still the best, maybe because it was my first MMO - i dunno. However i often remembered the times with a friend and we thought abt playing again, but we didnt like to play on a dead official realm.
    I somehow found this realm now and it seems pretty populated, isnt it? I dunno if i am still able to enjoy Ultima Online since the last 15 years of gaming might have spoiled me in terms of graphics etc... but i know abt the core values of Ultima Online and that it truely was fun abt probably still is, so i wanna give it a try.

So yeah the last time i played i remembered they changed Items, i had a silver katana of vanquishing which later had different names, dunno which UO Addon i was playing that time. Later i spent most of my time doing champion spawns and a harrower every once in a while - while being demolished from the Apple Infantry.. jeez if i only had the gaming "skills" back then which i have now lol - we just got slaughted on europe if we dared to touch a champion spawn.

But too much blabla sorry, my questions..

- Am i correctly assuming that there is no trammel on this realm? Cuz i went through a gate and only had the felucia option ( but wasnt the trees and stuff different in felucia? they look like trammel )

- Items, when i left click my sword or i view other players i just get the message "a katana" for example. i might be stupid but how do i see the stats? Names etc? Like dmg, speed etc

- Champion Spawns/Harrower/Power Scrolls - Are these active on this realm? And do ppl frequently do spawns? Cuz i remember it to be so much fun to do these and i would like to be able to do them again if i want to.

- If there is only felucia and i can be killed everywhere, do "new" ppl get raped or does the community have some mercy xD ? Also is there insurance and stuff?

Would be great if someone could give me some answers.. especially abt the items and the champion spawns. I am sitting in Occlo right now and want to kill some headless ones, at least these are the first monsters i killed and mongbats when i first played UO, as far as i remember :) However, before i comit myself to this i wanna get some questions sorted out.
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Welcome to a wonderful server UO Renaissance!!

All available information is on the official website server. In addition, the champion spawns, about the power of the scrolls do not know, somebody tell. There is a standard stat and skill cap 225/700! At the expense of insurance here as I understand it replaced the scrolls blessing, that blessing, it does not fall in the loot. There tramell and Lost Land, in which the old fashioned way, you can get from Moonglow!

And yes, the entire territory of Britain you can kill just as you are someone else, open PVP world!

In addition, Trammel is well populated and there are many many people, it's fun and cool! Mining, fishing, hiking hunting as friends and guilds, factions of the war and public quests. Everything that helps to get a real pleasure and a fan as a child.

To all requested that a great informative website, an interactive chat and full of excellent supporters forum!

Dear rookie and adventurer, Crafter, fisherman, farmer, soldier, treasure hunter, welcome, a treasure you've found!!!

Sorry for my English, and I hope all is well. Sincerely, Kiryana :)
  3. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

There is no Trammel here, but there are isolated instanced areas that can be accessed by a few means. I think Kiryana means that Felluca is well populated.

There is no item insurance as this is era accurate to the 1999 - 2000 game mechanics.

There are no power scrolls.

New players have Young status for a while they grants certain immunities. Once that runs out you will be part of the Fel world proper.

Item stats can be found in the Guides section.

I am writing this from a phone so I am sure others in this great community can fill you in on the rest!

Welcome to UOR!

~Krake
  4. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

It is a pretty populated server and is run by a great staff. The community here is as fine as you will find in helping answer your questions.

It's good to reminisce, its what got you to this shard in the fist place.

This is a fel only shard for it's overland and lost lands maps.

Goto the uor web site and and at the upper right there is a search box. Type in what you want to search, ie Katana, click the link for the katana weapon and you will be taken to the compendum, page for a katana. This will give you the stats you might be searching.

Champions are active on this shard as well as the ability to summon the Harrower. There are groups who do the champions and somewhat regularly. Power scrolls are not active here.

New players are afforded a bit of "safe" time while on occlo with the shards Young status. You can hunt without getting aggro from multiple monsters. So you can fight 1v1 in pvm and raise your skills and enjoy some fun times. Once your young status is over, you become fair game to all monsters and players. I am not 100%, but if you go through the occlo moongate to the places you remember going, young status is turned off. You can regain it by going typing [profile in game and going through those menu tabs. If you travel off occlo, you are subject to fel rules while under the young player program. Occlo will be fel to anyone whos etime as expired for young player status. There is no item insurance, so only travel with what your willing to loose.

hope I was able to help a little. Feel free to join the irc channels and ask there for quicker responses to your questions.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  5. Emirikol

Emirikol Member

I have return too but i have no idea how this server works, i have created a new account and i'm trying to learn but if there is anybody who want to help a newbie i learn fast :D
  6. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

I and many others would be glad to help you. The best place to go is IRC. However. feel free to create your own post on the forums to ask your questions.
    Emirikol likes this.
  7. Emirikol

Emirikol Member

Thansk!

Last time i used IRC was on 2000 or so, and english is not my first language so irc is not the best way to communicate, but i¡ll go there and i will create my own post "with Blackjack and Hookers" :D. Keeping it serious, as soon i have played some hours i will create my own questions post.

THANKS AGAIN
  8. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

You seem to have pretty good typed English in the forums. you can always ask if someone speaks your native language. Might be a players around who can help. IRC chats offer quicker responses, so if its not a time sensitive answer, feel free to make posts here with your your questions.
  9. Emirikol

Emirikol Member

Thank you, you are very kind. I have started right now and i have created a Mage / Bard, i will begin with this one and i will try any other templates later.