New player questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by BNB, Sep 7, 2017.

1. BNB

BNB Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi all,

Just joined this server last week, i love the rule set here and finally got that adventure feeling I had when I first played UO in 1999!

There's so much info and diff server ruleset and numbers online that I want to clarify how some stuff work on this shard, I got some answers already from helpful people on IRC, but wanted to confirm some stuff.

1. Med and Armor
    Leather is 100% med, studded is 50% med, while metal is 0%. What does this mean exactly for passive and active med? Studded means I can actively med but only at 50% recover rate, or 50% success rate? What about passive med Regen?

What happens if I wear all leather and like 1 plate glove. does it take the heaviest piece into account, nullifying all my med?

2. Swing speed formula
    How is swing speed calculated here? I know it caps at 1.25swing, and it takes current stam, not max stam into account. But what are the break points?

3. Cooking
    Is this skill useless on this shard? I've played many diff servers, I can't recall what cooking used to be like. But there is no gm food and no additional benefits yes? So it's basicaly just for making fish steaks lol. What's the minimum skill for 100% success on making fish steaks.

4. Mining and Re-smelting armor
    I have a smith and mining on a different character. Because I see that miners will need to be able to fight golems, and my smith can't fight. I am okay with transferring the ingots to smith, but will not having any mining on my smith gimp my returns when remelting armor back into ingots during my training? Should I up my mining a bit first while I train up my smithing?

5. Special dye tub
    These don't exist on this server right? I only wear shadow-iron colored and black colored clothes lol. So without special dye tub, only way to get these are to do clothing BOD, get the special color cloth, and then bless the clothing? What hue # is shadow iron?

6. Black dye
    Is there a nice vendor with a black dye tub public can use? If so I will for sure buy stuff frequently from there too :)

7. Anatomy
    I'm pretty sure 100anat gives a 10% bonus to damage right? Meaning 99.9 to 100 is a nice jump. But on the official skill info on this site, it doesn't list this bonus. This ties into my decision in making my first char (in another newbie thread i posted if you wanna give me some pointers there too)

Thanks all, so excited to re-begin my adventure, wish I was 13 again
    Kiryana likes this.
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I believe it's much slower with studded, while the success rate remains mostly the same. As for wearing one piece of plate, I'm not too sure but I believe it decreases your med speed quite a bit.

weapon swing timer = 15,000 / (CurrentStam + 100 )( WeaponSpeed)

No benefits to GM food really, and being full doesn't affect much other than your passive regen by a small amount. I think you can have 100% success rate with quite low cooking on something easy like fish steaks.

Yes, if you do not have mining then your smelting gains will be worse and you will chew through a lot of ingots to GM smithing.

There are special dye tubs like leather tubs or furny tubs, along with custom ones, but for the "Shadow ore" which is hue 2406, the easiest way to get a robe/cloak is through the platinum system where you can get an indestructible, newbied +2 armor defensive robe/cloak for 50 platinum coins.

Lots of public dye tubs, definitely check around Yew! If not I'm always happy to sell one of mine :)

I'm not too sure on this one... I've dropped to 80/90 anatomy on random chars and there wasn't a noticeable DPS decrease so I'd guess there is no flat 10% bonus at 100.0 anat.
    Hadrian, Ronald Tate and Kiryana like this.
  3. Ronald Tate

Ronald Tate New Member

Thanks for the info
  4. BNB

BNB Member

Thanks so much Deacon for answering all my questions!

Regarding "special dye tub" is there an actual tub that can dye my clothes shadow iron? I know theres the robe and cloak but it will be awhile before I can afford/wear it.

Will check out Yew tonight :) Thanks!
  5. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

No. I too miss the special dye tub. Welcome aboard.
  6. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shard. Also if you need any fast questions you can go onto the IRC chatroom for the server and people will help guide ya there as well with questions ya got! Can find IRC on the right column of the home page on here!