New Player with question about PvP

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Ogeon, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Ogeon

Ogeon New Member

Good Evening all.
    I'm new to UO Renaissance, but am a veteran player that started when Renaissance originally came out on the Origin servers.
    My question has to do with PvP implementation on UO:R. Is PvP shard-wide or is it only on Felucca? I ask because I am one of those players who avoid PvP at all costs, it just isn't my cup of tea. I figure better to know now rather than invest time building up a character only to find out that it may not work so well for me here.

Thank you so much for your help!
    Ogeon
  2. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

The entire server is felucca, so you're a target no matter where. The only exception to farm in peace is if you open "instances" from a safe location. An instance is like a level 7 treasure map, ancient message jn a bottle or Christmas scrolls.
  3. Ogeon

Ogeon New Member

Ok, thanks for the clarification!
  4. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ogeon,

Another alternative is to find a guilds to hunt / farm with.

Guilds like PS (you can find them under the guild section) often help new players. TNT is also a good choice they are fairly friendly and farm a lot. It's good to join a community here!

Also there are tools / tricks you can use to minimize your exposure to PVP/PK situations. You can make recall macro's to quickly recall away from a spot if RED's come. If ur a tamer, you can carry gate scrolls and run a gate macro. You can search the forums on "how not to get pk'd". You can run 3 boxes on this server, so you can keep a look out on one box while you farm with the other. Also keep in mind peak hours - a lot of the trouble is caused by American time-zoners.

Also, Like Merlin said, you can run instances that are pretty trammel/ risk free farming. MIBS, Holiday Scrolls and even tmaps are pretty risk free.

There is a lot of great PVM content on this server, and frankly the reds and group out killing randoms are pretty limited.

Travel light - if you die... go restock and wait a bit before you return - its not so bad!

Welcome to the shard, good luck!
  5. Ogeon

Ogeon New Member

Thanks NerK, I'll look into those options, I really appreciate the help!
    NerK likes this.
  6. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

stop sharing secrets like that, how else am i supposed to pk?
  7. DaBucs

DaBucs Well-Known Member

should also add the pks here dont seem to dry loot ya either...they get ya, kill your ride, and maybe take your gold but even then probably not...they just do it for the killing...much better than the rape-age that occurred on OSI back in the day....well that has been my experience anyway so far :)
    Blacklow likes this.
  8. Blacklow

Blacklow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I am not one for PVP, and i was pleasantly surprised with the PK's on this server. Yeah they wreck your day for a minute while you frantically run or try to recall out while crying like an 8 year old girl scout.

But i would say 95% of the time they stick around to rez me and help me get back to my corpse. More often than not they don't even take anything from my body. Those rare times they do it has only been gold and regs.

Also for every 1 PK that ganks me, i run into 10 helpful players willing to lend a hand. It is a very positive player base.
    Hadrian, Gwenno, Hollywood and 2 others like this.