New tamer event

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by John_Doe, Jul 4, 2017.

1. John_Doe

John_Doe Active Member

I am relatively new to this server and hang around with a relatively rowdy bunch. The kind that might on occasion when they are bored head to Jhelom farms and kill a tamer or two according to rumors, but I personally have not seen any of those shenanigans.
    I do know that making a tamer is rough. I have been in the farms night after night after night and just now broke 90. I don't want to be the guy that has someone tame 100 bulls and bring them to my house, so I would like to propose a sort of taming event. There are two pens so essentially we could have 12 people doing this of varying skill levels and start like 15 minutes apart with the lowest skill level going first and then the next one retaming a total 6 times, naming one through 5, then killing them the sixth time. It would greatly benefit everyone along the chain and be public so more people could benefit.
    I know there will be griefers and skeptics that something like this could happen. but I am hopeful anyway. As I said I have 90 taming and am willing to do anyone but the first in the chain as I really gain minimally from that. If anyone else is interested in trying to put something like this together please let me know. For an event like this I hope everyone can put their differences aside so we can all gain rewards. Now if I run across you later on in a battlefield I apologize I got in your way, slowing you down, and forcing you to kill me with my slow reaction times when i tried to kill you and if I do by some small miracle manage to kill you, well sorry, it's just in good fun nothing personal.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

psst... I already did this troll about 2 weeks ago.

If you're serious though... g'luck and good on ya!
  3. John_Doe

John_Doe Active Member

I was being 100% serious, but from the response or lack there of to this I can see it isn't going to happen. The past couple nights I have left the north pen full of retames for others to help them improve their skill since according to everyone retames is the fastest way to get your skill up. Now it might be because I was wasn't killing the bulls afk or maybe just because a lot of people haven't been on but the few reds I did see just ran past me and didn't pay me no mind. I even had a player this morning thank me for filling the North pen with bulls stating they never seen so many there before. Anyway it appears this was a failed attempt to bring people together and work together towards a common goal, so i guess I will be THAT GUY that gets someone else to tame bulls 2 or 3 times in my house so I can get the maximum benefit without anyone else gaining anything during the process, when 5-10 people could benefit.
  4. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi, I am not sure a big event will work. But I did find it useful to just talk to other tamers that are already there, we usually managed to come up with some sort of system for trading re-tames. If you have 2-3 tamers there at once, it can work nicely.