new to game

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by retrojoke, Jan 26, 2018.

1. retrojoke

retrojoke Member

Havent played in many years. I died in deceit and noticed that my runebooks were not in my pack when I ressed. I was stuck on the island and had a very hard time getting off. I had to use thr stuck button. runebooks are not blessable?
    ReZon, Pekka, Black Tortoise and 2 others like this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

They are not naturally blessed here, no.

A runebook can be blessed using platinum coins to purchase a deed from the platinum vendor (found in banks). This is considered a high(ish) end item and I'll say somewhat of a long term goal for most new players.

In the meantime I recommend three runes for daily carry... one near(ish) a bank, one a few steps away from the aforementioned, and another just outside of town (for those oops moments).

G'luck!
    Ravicus likes this.
  3. Ravicus

Ravicus New Member

I am like you so I am making a character just to do scribe. Then I can make my mage books until I get one blessed. Its a hard lesson in this game but it harkens back to our roots. I love it.
  4. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

When you find yourself in that situation, there are a couple of things that come in handy.

1) On one of yor other accounts, create a rescue mage to send gates.

2) Ask in IRC for help and make a friend in the process

3) Join a guild and get a ride from a mate.

PS: Welcome to UOR!!!
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

Welcome to UOR! Dagger Isle is a dangerous place ;-). It makes for a great character backstory!

Oh, the pain, the agony, the suffering of endless white pixels burning my retinas... still, I continue on amongst the mighty walruses and polar bears, scouring the frozen earth for reagents, hoping for a kind homeowner to have placed a handy rune on the porch!
  6. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to UOR!
  7. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Welcome @retrojoke

I would have tried IRC really. :)

Theres also a trick you can use as long as you are new and it is to join the young program, which you can do by typing
    [young
    and when you accept, you will be moved to Ocllo immediately - Not all want to do it easy by sticking around in Ocllo but it is convenient and it has an unique Dungeon for this shard with all kind of monsters in it and you can also borrow a House there if any of those 4 is available. http://uorforum.com/threads/ocllo-new-player-housing.18998/

Project Sanctuary, a nice guild for new players is open for recruitment as well: http://uorforum.com/threads/ps-recruitment-open.7088/
    Join our channel #PS in IRC, by typing
    /join #PS
    Dungeon Master likes this.
  8. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

They are for about 2 mil.