New to here. I can't find Q&A forum.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by hck, Mar 24, 2018.

1. hck

hck New Member

maybe just like many other users I mainly played hybrid until around 2012
    Ive been enjoying trendish games for a while and just wandered if there's still some server with many players and I just found this server and seems it's still very active.
    but different from hybrid this server doesn't have active community in my country.
    can I just ask things to compare two servers?
    like if it is in similar version or era (I saw it has a bit latest features like elf character or samurai things?)
    do ppl do similar things to make some money, things like bard tamer or house hunting, are tamer builds popular in here as well?
    and blacksmith bulk deed things?
    usually how many ppl online at the same time in these days?
    how about housing? I was always into housing more than pvp/pve in the last server, is it more updated and has roof tiles and so on?
    do uber rich ppl usually put their money in poker here as well?
    I just made a char and struggled to find the most crowded area to ask on chat but I just have no idea where to start.
  2. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi there. My last shard was Hybrid too. This shard is far more true to the Renaissance era than Hybrid, as that shard incorporated many things came about later.

This shard does not have things like Kiirin, Unicorns, Beetles, Savages/Bolas, etc...

For money making, yes, Bard Tamers are pretty much the way to go if you choose to make money by hunting. This shard has a customized taming system. We have far more pet slots and can hunt with a mare and two dragons. We have bonding, but you can only bond one pet at first. To get more you will have to participate in a custom made tamer quest. There are guides to it in the guide forum.

There are BOD's. You can own one house per character with 5 characters per account and 3 accounts per IP. So you are allowed to theoretically own 15 homes. This shard does not have custom houses. You have to choose from the regular homes, but there is one large home that was made by Chris, the shard owner/operator. The Fortress. Check out the housing section from the website.

Poker is not a thing here. Rich people deal in rares, and uniquely hued clothing items. But I wouldn't know too much as I'm poor as shit :)

Ocllo is the most populated city, but most people are in IRC.

I hope you enjoy your stay :) My recommendation is to start a Provocation Mage to get a foothold and then branch out to what you want.
    One likes this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  4. hck

hck New Member

thank you for all your replys. So no customizable house in this server? That's hard to understand.. I thought custom housing was one of the biggest contents in uo history next to pvp contents. Is it because the server strictly follows the era and version? Maybe I won't be interested in playing much without any customizable plots.. I just can't understand owners decided not to implement that system in this server.
    One likes this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

Jill Stihl likes this.
  6. hck

hck New Member

That sounds like there are still features like thieving house. That would be another fun if it is. Thank you again.
    One likes this.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

8. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

House looting is very much a thing on this shard. It is important to know that unlike the later Ren era, items do not decay in homes on this shard. This means that once inside a house, depending on how people store their items, one can loot more than you'd expect.

So table walls are a thing to keep people out of your items you leave on the floor or in a locked down container.
    One likes this.